Totally FREE! E' Dul Cycle Rides: Sundays 9-30am London Pks & Blue Plaques short rides: Dates TBC

Hello McCabe,

I might have to work but if Easter Sunday's Regents Park cycle is on and I don't need to work I'd like to come.

I'm usually ED resident but just out in SW London for a little while...is that enough grounds for inclusion? :))

Got it, no worries!

Next one is on 15th April. I've had a suggestion to make the rides less frequent which may make the rides more precious / planned for (once a month), I'm easy with this and could actually make good sense. Perhaps once a quarter to have a specific ride for a charity?

Steve, good to see you in the park, I let fitness Julia have a morning off and took her fitness group, and.... did a bit of roller blading too!

McCabe

Hi guys,

This ride will be the penultimate ride before the shape of meetings change for the better.

The final ride will be to Spitalfields Market for cake and coffee / tea, and lots too!

So whats with the change?

Ah ha! I have been asked if Project London Health can set up challenges..... Oh yes! We will hold 6 cycle events a year, following, our enterprising way of raising the profile of a health care charity. The event will be FREE and the would ask participants to make a donation to that charity.

What type of challenge will it be?

Achieveable, and more importantly, at your pace! This could be an in town event, or out into the country. And of course, its only right to have an annual London to Brighton ride too!

Can I put forward a charity?

YES! Project London Health is about listening to others, empowerment, and then doing it! To get this started, a childrens hospice charity will be selected (TBC).

What can I do to help promote this?

Project London Healths Steering Groups (just about to start) will be at the centre of the events, PR, generating posters through to distributing the posters. Come and join us, feel free to PM this thread for further details.

PLH

Hi Karen,

Yes, please come and join us.

After this ride we will be doing 'Cycle Challenges' every two months to raise awareness for a health-care charity.

The first one will be for ChYps, Children and Young Peoles Hospice and the location will be either Farthing Downs or pushing it just a bit further into Godstone. The events will be FREE to enter, a donation of your choice to the charity (no need for sponsorship unless you wish as we are doing 6 different events per year), and will cover c.35-miles through the Surrey & Kent Country side :))

These will also be on Sundays for a 9-15am start. Start point TBC, either at the Dulwich Toll Gate (College Road by the college), or on Crystal Palace Parade.

These will be great fun rides!

Hi Lis, just emailed you a couple of hours back - good to hear from you.

McCabe.

The last ride is tomorrow and then we are converting to bike challenges!

That said, the weather if completely wet and windy out there at the moment. If it is chucking down tomorrow morning, I will head to the start point anyway but dont feel obliged to turn up. If you do and its raining, we can have an easy ride to the Rye Cafe for cake and coffees!

McCabe

It was a wet last ride today, due to the rain the ride started dot on 10am.

Keep your eyes peeled for the NEW Cycle challenges that will soon take place. Looking to plan 5 ~ 6 per year with one being a London to Brighton ride.

The rides will be FREE and to raise awareness for a local health-care charity, purely make a donation of your choice (say a fiver) and no need for sponsorship unless you are doing a ride as a one-off! Most of the rides will be southbound into Kent or Surrey..... and there will be hills!

If you know of any local health-care charities, please advise and will put them onto the list. Smaller the better who have limited resources for raising their profile!

McCabe.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

G'day guys,

The rides are starting up again with the usual everyother Sunday:

8th July - Tea & cake at Southwark Park ~ 12-mile round trip

22nd July - The White Bear ~ 25-mile round trip

Ping a message on this thread to show your interest :-)

**Charity Ride**

The first of the Charity Rides will start on the last Sunday of September (30th). The first one will be an easy peasy one to Hyde Park to raise awareness of a local charity - looking at around 50 on the ride. Its FREE, but a donation of ?5 to the charity is recommended and an option to do a sponsor from too!

Then on to a longer rider! The charity rides will be held every three months!

McCabe.