Babies and prams in Pubs!

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just reread DaveR's post as requested.

>

> I can confirm that it contained no insults.

Really???

"If you read carefully (go on , try!)..." (what is this if not an offensive tone?)

"...but you are, as always, just making youself look ridiculous (in a

> purple-faced, ultra-indignant, yet somehow comical

> way)."

If you don't perceive that as an insult then I truly despair but assume you will have no objection to me calling you personally ridiculous, purple-faced, ultra-indignant and comical.

louloulabelle Wrote:

> Oh please. When will the good people of dulwich

> stop labelling each other particularly us mums.

> And for the record I will go where ever I please

> with my kids whenever it suits me.

And you wonder why the ED mums get labelled, with that attitude...

Otta Wrote:

> Damian, those were observations, not insults. If I

> went on like you do, you'd have every right to

> level them at me.

Otta and Bob - my 'droning on' in this thread represented two posts of a few sentences each and one single sentence post. All of them were significantly shorter than a great many of the other posts on this thread. I could easily characterise your comments as 'droning', 'tedious', 'tiresome', 'immature' etc, but I choose not to.

Be honest with yourself - what you mean is that you don't agree with my opinions but can't seem to find a way to counter them so you resort to insults or patronising comments instead.

And if you don't want me to 'drone on', STOP PERPETUATING THE DISCUSSION BY MAKING STUPID COMMENTS!! Or are you trying to play a game of 'The last person to speak is the coolest'?

Loz Wrote:

> louloulabelle Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Oh please. When will the good people of dulwich

> > stop labelling each other particularly us mums.

> > And for the record I will go where ever I

> please

> > with my kids whenever it suits me.

>

> And you wonder why the ED mums get labelled, with

> that attitude...

Priceless Loz.

Damian, perhaps if you could just give us a definitive list of all the places where mothers with children have annoyed you - to date, appended by another list of all the places where mothers with children haven't annoyed you 'yet' but 'probably will' at some point in the future - then you can save yourself a lot of typing over the years to come.

*Bob* Wrote:

> Damian, perhaps if you could just give us a

> definitive list of all the places where mothers

> with children have annoyed you - to date, appended

> by another list of all the places where mothers

> with children haven't annoyed you 'yet' but

> 'probably will' at some point in the future - then

> you can save yourself a lot of typing over the

> years to come.

Perhaps if you accepted that other people have experiences, priorities and opinions that are different from yours and are as fully entitled to express them on a public forum as you are you would stop being such a jerk. Hope you don't mind the term 'jerk' - it's an observation not an insult.

You could also give us a list of 'acceptable' opinions that 'permitted' people are allowed to have in your small world so we can know what not to discuss to avoid making you cry.

I suggest that you could also extend your suggestion to the other people on EDF who have expressed similar views to me. You will find a number on this thread and dozens on various other historic threads. The thread on the breast-feeding incident in the MIND shop would be a good place to start. Don't thinkI contributed to that one if memory serves but people managed to get a good ding-dong barney going over the mother and child issue nonetheless.

You could then collate all this information for us and use it to police the forum. We will even give you an armband and a shiny prefect badge to make you feel important.

Sorry if I am 'droning' but some of us have bigger brains that produce ideas and opinions that can't fit on the back of a postage stamp. Keep trying and one day you will have one too.

peterstorm1985 Wrote:

> Damian H Wrote:

> -----

> >..... some of us have bigger

> > brains that produce ideas and opinions that

> can't

> > fit on the back of a postage stamp.

>

> But not big enough to realise just how easy you

> were to wind up - which is just too tempting for

> some....

Who is getting wound up by whom. PS? There seem to be a number of people who are getting steamed up about this and just can't let it go. Let me introduce DaveR, Otta, Bob et al...

It is quite entertaining to have such a motley crew dancing on a string.

Damian H Wrote:

> It is quite entertaining to have such a motley

> crew dancing on a string.

Yes. dancing to the tune of your big brain.

It is a beauty though. Can I touch it, Damian? Can I touch your really big brain?

helena handbasket Wrote:

> Talk about flogging a dead horse!

That subject would certainly be more interesting to talk about than some of the comments on this thread. Good to see you keeping it going.

*Bob* Wrote:

> Damian H Wrote:

> -----

> > It is quite entertaining to have such a motley

> > crew dancing on a string.

>

> Yes. dancing to the tune of your big brain.

>

> It is a beauty though. Can I touch it, Damian? Can

> I touch your really big brain?

You see this is the sort of thing that alarms me, Bob. DaveR has a need to fantasise me all purple and swollen and now you want to get thrills by touching me.

I am very liberal and tolerant in my views but that type of love just ain't my bag, no matter how much you may want it to be. I am sure there are plenty of clubs and bars and websites where you can find that sort of action. I think there were a couple of threads on here about the subject.

This is definitely a lol thread, funny funny funny. Mrs k, me (without kids) and group of friends were in the Bish last night (and bumped into some of you guys beautifully dressed in halloween gear). The Bish serves good food Imo. It's a great place to take kids during the day for food cos it's spacious, has good service and if all babies decide to scream their heads off at the same time then the mild level of music during the day seems to drown out their noise. Recommended.(tu)

Otta Wrote:

> Did someone (or several people) refuse to have

> kids with you Damian?

Otta the amateur psychoanalyst. Remains shocking that you just can't get you head round the fact that some people don't like mothers with children behaving in a selfish and self-centred way as if no one else's interests matter. I guess it is easier for you to try to pathologise another person rather than reform your own behaviour.

And funny you don't ask the same question of the OP.

this thread is hilarious and sums SE22 up perfectly. If I had kids I'd probably be in the pub by midday as well. I don't mind your kids in the pub as long as you don't mind me swearing like a Geordie dock worker near them. If they are screaming they probably want something so attend to them. Then we can all live in harmony and I look forward to seeing at some point in the future, a generation who can genuinely state that they have been drinking at the Bishop since they were babies.

Otta Wrote:

> The OP hasn't acted like an aggressive nutter.

>

> Sometimes kids cry Damian. I suspect even you did

> as a nipper. Do you also believe mothers should

> get off buses if their children start to cry?

Nor have I. The facts are here on this thread in Black and white, if you care to read them. I made two objective observations which I have reposted. I was then attacked (not for the first time) by DaveR and yourself.

If you look at my two initial posts you will see that they were calm and objective cpompared with the tone of the OP (well, any fai minded person would see that). I onyl responded in defence of myself when the likes of DaveR, dave_carnell, helenahandbasket and you engaged in gratuitous personal insults.

Here you are...at it again..."aggressive nutter". How on earth can you be so deeply in denial of the fact that any robust responses by me are directly in response to unpleasant personal attacks by you and your partners in crime?

Do I believe mothers should get off the bus when their cildren start to cry? WHy on earth are you asking a question lke that? Where have I expressed a view that children should not be allowed to cry in public? Yours is the cheapest type of Straw Man argument. You have failed to respond effectivly to nything I have said so far so now you are trying to lure me into saying something you can reasonably attack. You are exremely transparent. Of course I don't believe any such thing. As I have already expressed i this thread, however, I think it is selfish for mothers to park their prams in a small cafe at the busiest time in a way that prevents other patrons using a full five seats while they simultaneously have a leisurely lunch occupying another table for four people. This obstructs other cusomers and deprives the retiler of a proportion (perhap a small one) of his potential takings for the day. It is selish, self-centred and inconsiderate - full stop.

I also observed that, contrary to the poster I was responding to, I did not see an evidence of under-idulgence of children in ED, quite the opposite, and that if any type of parenting was likely to raise children who would go out and riot (as the poster had suggested) it was more ikely to be over-indulgence and spoiling. I have no qualms at all about expressing and defending those opinions

There is a world of difference between objecting to selfish, intentional and controllable behaviour that affects others that some mothers expect other people to put up with; and unavoidable, understandable behaviour that one can sympathise with such as having a crying child. Your attempt to encourage me to conflate the two is,frankly, disingenuous.

Your comments on my opinions seem to redound to personal insults, misrepresentation of what I have said, woeful amateur psychoanalysing, objecting to the fact that I give thorough answers and throwing up straw man arguments. Perhaps you might find the time to address the issues instead of making ad hominem attacks?

Otta Wrote:

> The OP hasn't acted like an aggressive nutter.

>

> Sometimes kids cry Damian. I suspect even you did

> as a nipper. Do you also believe mothers should

> get off buses if their children start to cry?

Let me ask you a question, Otta. If you owned a cafe wich made its greatest revenues during the lunch hour by serving the local community and you saw about thirty per cent of your capacity taken up during that time by two mothers stretching out a long lunch while their toddlers sat eating tiny portions, and you watched other potential paying customers walking out the door because they couldnt get a seat, how would you feel?