Parking ticket on Caldecot Road

I am fuming about the parking ticket I have just got on my car, I had a Hospital appointment and parked in the parking bay and put a ticket on the screen which read the time 17:36. I was locking my car and a traffic warden walked past me and my car. I finished at my appointment and returned to my car to find the warden had stuck a ticket on it, stating that from 17:50 until 1805 there was no ticket on display, WTF is all I can say, she must be completely blind not to have seen the ticket which was clearly on display. Anyone else experience this, and what's the best approach to this, pay the fine before disputing it or dispute it first? I really have no intention of paying this as I had a ticket on my car which I have as proof from 17:36 and her ticket states 17:50. I bloody hate wardens!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would suggest you appeal online asap. They put the ticket on hold. You need to scan your ticket and send them the picture, I think you may be able to attach evidence to the appeal. the online appeal is much easier than trusting the jokers at the parking office not to loose your letter. You get an automated email telling you they have received it and that its in the system.

They're absolute sods around the hospital! They recently changed the traffic flow of Bavent Rd, which was not made particularly obvious by Lambeth council. They had one of their little spy cars with a camera on the roof, and anyone entering from the wrong direction gets their car's photo taken, a ?100 fine and three points on their licence!

I don't think they're doing it legally either, as I thought they had to put up notices declaring that cameras were in use. The wardens are also giving cars tickets that are facing the wrong way. Theiving ********!

Are you sure you wasn't in a permit only box, this happened to me one day, a warden watched me park in the box put a ticket in the screen and when I returned there was a parking ticket, when I confronted the said warden it was in fact issued because I had parked in a permit box, which was not clearly posted..... although it was my error that time they are a bunch of tw*ts... hope you did park correctly and get it sorted..

Appeal ASAP!

I have appealed two parking tickets (not in this borough) online and had them both overturned.

Be as factual as possible, stating the time you parked, the amount you paid and when you left.

Also state if the parking ticket has any incorrect information then that may invalidate it. One parking ticket stated I was parked on a different road to where I had acutally parked and I assume that was why I was successful in my appeal, as otherwise I was at fault(!).

I didn't have to send any evidence on either occassion.

Good luck!

It sounds as though you did nothing wrong - if you appeal, it should be overturned. If you still have the ticket you bought, you should be fine. Even better if you have a photo of the ticket displayed in your window!

If the appeal is rejected, do not worry. They will give you a date for a hearing, but the council don't usually bother contesting it, so you win by default without even having to turn up.

Have you got a website address breadcrumb?

breadcrum45 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I would suggest you appeal online asap. They put

> the ticket on hold. You need to scan your ticket

> and send them the picture, I think you may be able

> to attach evidence to the appeal. the online

> appeal is much easier than trusting the jokers at

> the parking office not to loose your letter. You

> get an automated email telling you they have

> received it and that its in the system.

Absolutely appeal. What I hate is the blatent corruption (yes unaccoutable politically protected systems that operate to hurt people without solving real problems are corrupt) of the parking system. Totally 3rd world where faceless unaccaountable beaurocracy tries to trick you and goes for easy pickings ketting harder to catch problems continue unchecked. Guess who's in charge of this incompetent management of what should be legitimate, transparant "housekeeping"?