Proposed East Dulwich CPZ

treehugger

I do love literal people, maybe we should all take things just as seriously as you do. I didn't mean this to be a literal fact finding statement. It feels like more are cancelled than run when you are caught up in the middle of it every day and are often late or have to re-route. Wow, I must remember to ensure that I find out all possible facts before I post anything ever again.

Mscrawthew I hope you?ve learned your lesson (you naughty poster) for generalising when making a point on the EDF !

How DARE you.

You could have said ?trains are always late? but then you would run the risk of one train being found to have arrived on time and the conclusion that you?re a deceiver.

Why oh why didn?t you just come straight out and say only ?89.24937688% trains are on time in my experience? ?!

Mscrawthew Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I do love literal people, maybe we should all take

> things just as seriously as you do. I didn't mean

> this to be a literal fact finding statement. It

> feels like more are cancelled than run when you

> are caught up in the middle of it every day and

> are often late or have to re-route. Wow, I must

> remember to ensure that I find out all possible

> facts before I post anything ever again.

Or you could not make silly generalised patently untrue statements in the first place, of course. Shouldn't you make some kind of beeping noise when you reverse so quickly? Still, nice try but no save.

KidKruger Wrote:

> Mscrawthew I hope you?ve learned your lesson (you

> naughty poster) for generalising when making a

> point on the EDF !

> How DARE you.

> You could have said ?trains are always late? but

> then you would run the risk of one train being

> found to have arrived on time and the conclusion

> that you?re a deceiver.

> Why oh why didn?t you just come straight out and

> say only ?89.24937688% trains are on time in my

> experience? ?!

Yes jolly funny - except the point under discussion was that people's perceptions of transport in ED being appalling and the reality can be very different, so in that context it was entirely relevant to point out that the lady's perception of what goes on and what actually happens had no correlation.

Mscrawthew Wrote:

> How very dare I, must remember to google

> absolutely everything before joining in a

> discussion! Happy New Year to all on EDF

Not necessary, just pause and give it a moment's thought before writing nonsense. Happy new year to you.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread might benefit from serious economic analysis:

"In the United States hundreds of engineers make careers out of studying traffic. Entire freeway systems like L.A.?s have been hardwired with sensors connecting to computer banks that aggregate vehicle flow, monitor bottlenecks, explain congestion in complicated algorithms. Yet cars spend just 5 percent of their lives in motion, and until recently there was only one individual in the country devoting his academic career to studying parking lots and street meters: Donald Shoup."

http://conversableeconomist.blogspot.com/2012/01/donald-shoup-and-economics-of-parking.html