Wood floor sanding - excellent recommendation

Team Flower

We recently uncovered our old Victorian floorboards from under layers of past carpet and laminate. There were horrid sticky plastic tiles on half of one room and in another room, the wood had been painted black! They were in a really sorry state, with quite a few loose, cracked and sawn-into boards (goodness knows what the previous owner had been up to).

We got a few quotes and went with Derek from Finishing Point (07956 545215), as his was the most reasonable and we found him very helpful to deal with over the phone (we had a lot of questions).

The results were so good that I had to post a message - our house is transformed and the wooden floors are spectacular. The broken boards were replaced with reclaimed timber, then the rooms were sanded and oiled.

Derek and his team worked around our hours (we work all day so needed someone we could trust who could come early to meet us before we left for work)and not only did they do a fantastic job, but they also left the house really clean. I was surprised how little dust was created.

Derek went beyond the call of duty to be helpful - answering all our questions, being available when we called, making sure all the finishing touches were carried out to our specification. The final bill was in accordance with the quote he gave us at the start and we thought it was excellent value. I can't recommend him enough.

• 2 months later...

I'd just like to support what the previous post says about Finishing Point Flooring. A very professional service. Excellent finish. We're absolutely thrilled with the job they've done and would happily recommend them to anyone who needs their floorboards polishing. Thank you to Derek, Norman, Martin and Matthew for a superb job done at a good price.

Roger

• 1 month later...
We also used Finishing Point to strip, sand and paint our floor boards a shabby chic white colour and they did a fantastic job. Not only did they provide us with by far the lowest quote, they also finished the job in the amount of time they initially stated. The staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough to make us happy with the result. I highly recommend using them.

• 2 months later...
Hi, we used them to lay a new walnut floor. I dealt mainly with Derek and found him helpful and importantly not at all pushy. When we did go with them, they did the job quickly and professionally. There was one problem in that the new floor was higher than the carpet and so a strip at the bottom of the door needed to be cut off so it could close. The person they sub-contracted (the first and last time they used him) was completely unreliable and didn't turn up. They made sure that the problem was fixed and you could tell how embarrassed they were by it. Neil

• 1 year later...

I've just had Derek and his team back from Finishing Point to sand the floors in my living & dining room, hall and a small bedroom. I'd used him last September to do 2 other bedroom floors. Once again I have been really pleased with the work. I was quite particular about the paint finish I wanted in the bedrooms and I've been really impressed with the time and care he took to achieve the desired finish on all my floors. The downstairs floors look amazing, too. Danny and Bo worked their magic with their machines!

The cost was very competitive and Derek even touched up the floors in another room free of charge. He and his team were punctual, kept me informed of everything and left the house spotless. They were a pleasure to work with. Derek's number is 07956 545215.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

This is Derek of Finishing Point here, I would just like to extend my genuine thanks for the kind words that have been said about us here on EDF.

We have just booked a Sponsorship package on the site, as a small token of thanks for the work we have received through recommendations here on the forums.

Thanks again, and we hope to continue offering a reliable and professional service to EDF users.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to add to this recommendation. Derek and his team have just finished fixing up and sanding the floors in my house and they did a fantastic job - I am thrilled. Derek's quotes were reasonable and clear. He kept me updated throughout and gave me every confidence that I could trust him and Danny and Bo in my house.

Finishing Point also dealt with a number of unexpected setbacks (e.g. a leak discovered under the downstairs floor) really professionally - making what could have been a total nightmare into a breeze. After the broken and rotted boards had been replaced with reclaimed boards and the sanding was completed and the floor lacquered, the guys did a brilliant job clearing up.

I would recommend Derek, Danny and Bo to anyone looking at having their old floorboards fixed up.You can reach Derek on 07956 545215.

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Another glowing recommendation for Derek and the team (we had Danny and Beau/Bo work on our floors alongside Derek). All very helpful and clearly knowledgable in their field, happy to give advice and trustworthy.

We were planning on laminate in our lounge but uncovered really lovely boards under the existing horrible flooring - so we really felt we had to restore them! They were painted a grimy black round the edge and while apparently not too bad condition-wise compared to some they see, the transformation is amazing! Feels like the living room of a different house and is beautiful to walk, crawl, play and sit on! Was in the market for a stylish rug but not sure we need one now!

Thanks to Derek and co, very satisfied customers in Forest Hill :)

BST

We have also had a great experience with Finishing Point. Derek and Danny went over and above to make sure we were happy and the results are better than we could have imagined - our old boards look like a new floor! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Finishing Point and we would certainly use them again.

Catherine

• 2 months later...

I also want to recommend Derek and his team at Finishing Point Flooring, who recently installed an engineered oak floor (with acoustic underlay) in my flat ? completely transformed the flat which was previously covered with 20+year old carpet. Derek spent considerable time going through and clearly explaining the various options (also, if you want to install a floor, a visit to the Finishing Point showrooms in Herne Hill is worthwhile too) and his team completed the job on schedule and to budget, with great after-sales service.

Very satisfied with the fantastic results, highly recommend Derek and his team.

JT