Running Buddy

olympia

Hello

Having moved here very recently and being a little aprehensive about running alone at night I was wondering if there is anyone who would like to buddy up for a couple of runs a week. I am not that good as I have not run since before my son was born (he is 11 months now!) but I can run for 3 miles and want to get up to 10k.

Anyone? Maybe there could be a little group of us?

thanks!

Yes Dulwich Park Runners are great (Im a member). They have various groups which run at different speeds and distances and you select which group you want to run with. They also run a beginners course to get you started if you are very new to running. They meet at 7.45pm Tuesday at the sports ground opposite the stables on Dulwich Common.

I'm also a new runner who's not available on Tuesdays. I've signed up to do a 10k next year, but not sure I can even do 3 miles right now!

I'm free on Monday mornings and Wednesday evenings, but have been reluctant to go out running in the cold and the dark alone, so would be interested in a running buddy. I live near Peckham Rye.

We can try to get up to that elusive 5 miles an hour.

i don't think i can manage running in the evenings, too tired and it's too dark... anyone to try on the weekends in the morning? saturdays about 9:15 dulwich park? i used to do 10k under an hour, but that's been before 2 kids appeared long long time ago, so will probably take a while to get up to speed. now that the little one will be 6 months old need to start getting in shape. four of us used to run together on sat mornings in Hyde park and even after boozy nights at least one buddy will appear and if all four showed up it was good fun.

Hi Kistanbul - think Weds evening might be possible. PM me and we can talk more.

Hi Budur - Sat morn 9.15 is a great idea although I am not always around on the weekend -I know what you mean about evenings and being too tired! If you can PM me on a Friday I can tell you if I am around.

• 1 month later...

Look up www.parkrun.com It's a free, timed 5K run at 09:00 on a Saturday morning. There is one at Brockwell park (by the lido) and one at Crystal Palace park (by the cafe). I think they are considering starting one in Dulwich park as well.

Very friendly, runners of all abilities and some people run with buggies as well.

• 3 months later...