DJKillaQueen?

Ellie78

I could do, I don't think there is any forum policy preventing this, but I think she is very unstable and I don't want to make things worse than they already are.

Although I really don't know why I should care, as I have also found out that for two years she has apparently been telling everybody she knows what a horrible person I am.

And because my forum name is my real name and I am "out" because of running www.thegooseisout.com gigs with Nyge, people here can easily find out who I am in "real life."

And - pre-empting anything she may say - after she had been working on my house already for some time, I emailed her (because I wanted it in writing) saying I was not happy with progress and asking her to come round to discuss things.

The next thing I knew, she emailed back to say that she couldn't discuss anything because she had just found out something which was a personal crisis, which I won't go into here obviously.

This was very unfortunate, because I didn't feel I could then ask her to stop work on the house, although I was hoping she might say she didn't want to continue, but she said it would take her mind off things.:-S

She did come round, but spent the whole evening talking about the crisis.

The only reason I am saying this is that I suspect that she has used this crisis - which came halfway through the job - to explain away her poor workmanship to others, and I also suspect that she has told people that I was unsympathetic to her, whereas in fact I bent over backwards to be nice to her.

I'd also like to add, to be fair, that she built some very nice floating shelves in my living room - it just took her weeks to do them :-S and I could have paid the same money and had a proper professional carpenter do them in far less time.

ETA: However other work she did was nowhere near the same standard, unfortunately.

Edited again because I can't actually remember (over two years on) how many weeks the shelves took and I don't want to say anything inaccurate. I just know it seemed like a very very long time.

theasidonio Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is there a/What is the forum policy on warning

> people about rogue/rubbish traders? Are you

> allowed to tell us her trading name?

What constitutes rogue/rubbish is very subjective and potentially slanderous.

The first point of call should always be with the trader and give them the opportunity to explain/remedy the problem (I know Sue has done this)

Failing that consider legal action...no one should emlpoy anyone without a detailed and itemised quote of what the work entails and how much it will cost and the time it will take...employing someone on an hourly rate is asking for trouble, where's the incentive for them to finish?..you are letting a complete stranger into your home, treat them like one, not your your new best friend.

Probably in the process of changing her forum name again.

Last time it was pointed out on here that she had two names, although she vehemently denied it (which let's face it she had to as she had been slagging off somebody else for having more than one forum name, and she's not a hypocrite, is she?) she immediately deleted all her Angetastic posts and then deleted the name.

Sadly for her, there was still a quote in somebody else's post linking Angetastic to the person we know as DJKQ.

Anyway, riveting/rivetting as all this is, I've got to stop wasting time on here and get on with my To Do list :))

red devil Wrote:

> Failing that consider legal action...no one should

> emlpoy anyone without a detailed and itemised

> quote of what the work entails and how much it

> will cost and the time it will take...employing

> someone on an hourly rate is asking for trouble,

> where's the incentive for them to finish?..

xxxxxxx

Yes. You're absolutely right, and I was very very stupid.

But if you had been in my position, you would realise what a very plausible first impression she gives - extremely self-confident etc etc.

She did give me schedules, she just never got anywhere near completing them. And yes, I felt as if I was pouring money into a bottomless pit, which is what I said when I emailed her asking her to come round to discuss progress.

The people from the TV programme were also taken in, particularly as she apparently told them at great length how I "kept on changing my mind", in order to explain her slowness. But I didn't find this out until much later.

On the day of the reveal, apparently (according to the producer) she didn't seem to know how to put on the cupboard doors (which she had promised them would be completed by the previous day, incidentally, but hadn't started) and spent an hour and a half making one pencil mark on one door (I'm sure that must be an exaggeration, but IIRC that's what they said).

Then one of the production assistants, with just a glancing knowledge of DIY, apparently put up three blinds in the time it took DJKQ to do one. And that one is so stiff it is really hard to roll up and down.

Then she apparently used a 7" masonry drill to hang a picture in my living room, causing a huge lump to fall off the newly plastered hall wall. She blamed the plasterer!!! (Who was one of the really good people I've had working on my house, extremely competent).

I could go on - and on - and on.

ETA: I did consider taking her to court, and as I said the TV people said they would give evidence in my favour, but I was so extremely stressed out I just couldn't face it.

I had photos and documentary evidence eg email correspondence etc, but the thought of putting it all together to make a case and trying to work out what amount I should claim was just too much for me at the time.

the-e-dealer Wrote:

> New program? victims of Makeover shows?

xxxxxxx

It was nothing to do with the people from the show.

They left me to employ my own tradespeople, so I can only take full responsibility for my rubbish judgement (the plasterer and plumber were fine though - though sadly DJKQ took it upon herself to do some of the plastering and plumbing, and guess what ...... (6)).

My only gripe with the TV people is that at one point I had a massive row with DJKQ because of poor workmanship and the TV people smoothed it all over and persuaded me to keep her on because they had already invested loads of money in filming etc and they wanted the programme finished.

I tried to get some compensation from them to help pay for all the work that had to be redone or finished, and they offered ?100, which I thought was such an insult after the thousands of pounds I had shelled out that I didn't even bother to answer the email.

I must be blind as a bat. The original poster Ellie78 has as far as I can see, only made one comment saying she is having problems with getting in touch with Djkillaqueen.

I was wondering if her evaluation of DJKQ's work was the same/similar to Sue.

Sue has pointed me in the direction of a comment made by Ellie78 on a different thread which has answered my question.

Ellie78 Wrote:

> Gosh. What Lounge does to threads.

> Sorry - OP is here but working and will return to

> this subject another time very soon.

Ellie, might be best if you post your request on DJKQs football thread in the 'what's on' section so that her footballers/friends are likely to spot it and pass it on to her. (I know you didn't post this in the Lounge originally so not your fault but I'm thinking the Lounge is perhaps not the best place for this).

That's good thinking Katie.

Failing that, my next suggestion would be to write a request to get in touch down on a piece of paper, seal it within a bottle and throw it off Beachy Head at High Tide. Failing that, it could be pinned to - say - a small dog, which could be released on Peckham Rye over the weekend?

It would at least be something. Hopefully the unfortunate and and persistent problems that DJKQ has with her mobile, landline and internet can be resolved in the near future.