DJKillaQueen?

Ellie78

Apologies, hope I'm not using valuable EDF space here but I don't see any other way of approaching this.

We've been trying to get in touch with her for a couple of weeks now (pms through here, texts, calls -we're clients, found her through the forum, haven't heard anything from her in over 3 weeks)

We're desperately worried.....

Hoping that by posting on the forum she'll either see the message (on the possibility that all other methods of communications have somehow failed) or that someone who knows her will see it and pass on that we're trying to get in touch. Hopefully nothing has happened.

It's quite urgent for us so any help would be really appreciated.

Ellie

(Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place)

Perhaps she's regretting being outed as Angetastic, having said that she had only ever had one user name on this forum.

ETA: I will PM you, I was once her client as well (6)

ETA: She quite often didn't return my calls etc either when she was "working" on my house. She will have had time to find a very plausible excuse, I'm sure. Good luck.

(6)

Oh she fitted it in alright, "expert" that she is. Working very slowly and charging me by the hour. And yes, I was a fool but I was on a deadline for a TV programme (unfortunately I was paying for the building work, just getting design advice) and I didn't have time to find anybody else.

And it took me some time to realise that things were very wrong. And she gives an initial impression of being very confident, knowledgeable and experienced, and I am very gullible. And I should have asked for references, but she was recommended by someone I know (just to sand floors) and then it was an "I can do that", "I can do that" scenario. And I was naive and stupid.

There was once one whole morning when neither I nor her "apprentice" could contact her - when I had taken time off work to speak to her. And then when she eventually turned up at lunchtime, she had the cheek to tell me I was "unprofessional" because I had asked her "apprentice" if he had ever worked with her before, and what he thought of her work. Well, we had to talk about something during the hours when we were kicking our heels.

As it was, despite being extended twice, the deadline was nowhere near being met. I also investigated some of her excuses for work not being done and found they were lies.

Unfortunately for me, two years down the line I still haven't had the energy to get finished/rectified much of what she and her "apprentice" did.

If it hadn't cost me a lot of money and traumatised me so much that I was off work with stress, it might be funny.

Nothing was ever her fault, eg bad work was because "the light was bad" (you've never heard of artifical lighting?), and delays were because "you changed your mind" (once, with a shade of white in my living room - which I said I would repaint myself later, but she said the "apprentice" could do it while she was doing other things) and nothing to do with things like having to repair my kitchen ceiling because the "apprentice" had put his foot through it - I found the rubble still there on top of the kitchen cupboard months later).

And nothing to do with taking a day (I think it was) of my money to source hinges (I think it was) - which she actually bought from B&Q (6) and which a few phone calls could surely have tracked down.

I withheld her last payment pending discussion of unfinished work and work to be put right, upon which she refused to discuss anything until I had paid her in full. I then said if she didn't want to discuss it with me, I would pay a final payment of whatever an independent mediator thought was fair, which she refused.

She then threatened to take me to court!!! And said I'd better pay up or if it went to court I would lose my credit rating etc!!!

The TV company said that having seen a day of her work (on the day of the "reveal") they would back me in any court case, but she wouldn't have had a leg to stand on anyway - I would have counterclaimed, and the fact she had refused an offer of mediation speaks for itself really.

I sent her a detailed letter by recorded delivery, which she never picked up from the sorting office and it was returned to me several months later. I had also sent it to her by email, which she never replied to either.

And I only found out very recently that my "builder" was no other than DJKillaQueen who had been giving me grief on here for two years, when I had no idea who she was, and no idea why she appeared to hate me so much.

Please can we not derail this from the purpose of the thread ? which is to let DJKQ know that she has a client worried about her, and trying to get in touch with her.

If you are a friend of DJKQ IRL perhaps you could let her know "offline" that she has a client looking out for her, as clearly she hasn't seen any of the Forum PMs or posts to date, and may also have lost her phone etc.

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This is shocking, Sue.

>

>

> Are you seriously telling us you applied to be on

> a home makeover show?

xxxxxx

Yes, it was called "Love the Place You're In". Made by Talkback Thames.

I'd never heard of it, but they advertised on here for people.

I only applied because I couldn't decide what to do with my living room.

In fact, I went through a lot of stress to end up with my default, which was white :))

ETA: But it was on over two years ago now, and on some channel/s I can't get, though I gather it's aired again every so often - I had somebody come up to me on the South Bank last year who recognised me from the programme :))

ETA: I like my living room now, but I had to make a lot of changes from what the designer did before it felt like my own room again.

The bathroom was also supposed to be being made over, but DJKQ was so bloody slow elsewhere it never got anywhere near meeting the (twice extended) deadline for the programme. There were a few genuine holdups which accounted for a few days, but nothing sufficient to account for the delays.

She also wouldn't let me get anybody else in to help when she got stuck eg she said part of my living room wall was concrete (or something) anyway it was so hard she couldn't drill into it.

Oh yeh and she made a lot of fuss about the living room walls not being straight. Erm, yes, it's a terraced house which is over a hundred years old and has had bomb damage, we would expect straight walls, no?

Otta Wrote:

> The main question here is, why in the name of God

> would anyone hire a bird as a builder!?!

xxxxxx

The bloody ironic thing is, I thought I was striking a blow for the sisterhood, or something.

I was quite proud that I had employed a woman in a non-sterotypical job.

(6)(6)(6)

But it was nothing to do with her gender - I have had appalling work done by men on my house as well, Gary Lee for example (whole thread on him on this forum somewhere - it was too late for me sadly).

Oh yeh and Dean Richards - that was even more stressful. He didn't finish the job but said unless I paid him in full that afternoon he would come round and smash up the wall and path he had just built. I paid him. (6)

He was the one who said I was "nitpicking" because the border of my very expensive Victorian style mosaic path was different on one side than the other because he had measured things wrong. At least he put that bit right after I burst into tears in the street, being already off work with stress :-$

He then laid a rope tile edging with great wodges of mortar in between each tile, and said he thought it looked fine. I had to pay somebody else to redo the edging (and finish the wall Dean was supposed to have finished).

MrBen Wrote:

> Funny...but I actually feel quite awful for Sue.

> I'm almost tempted to launch: MR BEN'S DIY RESCUE

xxxxxxx

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:)):)):))

Gary Lee supposedly "came to the rescue" of my bathroom after I started a thread about driftwood worktops (on which DJKQ posted, incidentally, though obviously I had no idea she was the person who had ordered my very expensive iroko in the wrong width in the first place (6) )

He started off fine, and ended with a basin sliding round the worktop, taps not parallel, the bath not sealed, and wood oil all over a newly painted wall, designer spout and new bath - none of which he removed.

(ETA: He's now gone AWOL, bit like DJKQ with the OP only we're talking months - not answering emails or texts, and he's still got my keys. And yes I stupidly paid him because I trusted him to come back. I will never never never learn, it seems).

Re the iroko, DJKQ told me that the woodyard had sent iroko of the wrong dimensions. It didn't occur to me until much later that if that was the case, why hadn't she arranged for it to be sent back and the correct dimensions obtained?

(6)(6)(6)