Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe.... arriving soon on Lordship Lane...

Dara @mrsimms

Think it's going into the outgoing shoe shop on LL isn't it? They still have their closing down sale on so I guess the sweet shop will move in when they vacate. Wonder if the sweetshop has resolved the free labour issues raised on here a while ago?

• 2 months later...

Good evening all...... Update .....

The lease is about to be signed (hooooooooray) & building work should start late April, with the view to be open for business late May....

Can?t wait to bring this fantastic Olde fashioned Sweet Shoppe to the Lane

Keep up with your personal favourite requests...

Regards

Dara

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all.....

Just to let you know that Saturday 20th April will be Jolie a Pied (82 Lordship Lane) last trading day....

My team of builders are all set to begin work on Monday 29th April....to give you.....

**************Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe***************

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening all.....

I got the keys to the shop late Friday (very exciting).... only to be greeted by literally no access to the shop... as there appears to be some sort of emergency gas/water or electric works going on ....

Hopefully a ramp will appear tomorrow for my builders to gain access & begin work...

Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe is on its way .....

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening all .....

Visited the shop earlier & it goes without saying that the builders have made very good progress from, what was once a shoe shop..... is now beginning to take shape & look a lot like a Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe ....

Loads of people passing by asking me/builders questions...they?re very excited & are spreading the word.....

Looking forward to the shop signage going up next week & ordering all the stock, ready for the opening later this month...

Regards

Dara

Nigello Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is it Mr Simm's or Mr Simms or even Mr Simms's?

> (Cola cubes and pineapple chunks for the right

> answer!) All the best.

And why isn't it Olde Sweete Shoppe?

:)

Evening all .....been to shop earlier & it really is progressing at speed...

Builders making me very proud...of ........

********** Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe **********

Keep up with all your confectionery favourites... I?m meeting suppliers all the time now & have a very varied product list..which includes....Vegan....Sugar free....Gluten free.... & many, many more

Regards

Dara

Good evening all....

Spent most of the day with the builders/alarm company.....

I also stood outside the shop & met so, so many excited locals..young & old.... who were more than happy to stop & have a chat, and pop in the shop to have a quick look & confirm their confectionery favourites....

I really can?t wait to be handed the sign off/green light from the build team, who are working so hard to complete the build on time...(nearly there)

Regards

Dara

Thoroughly inconvenient and potentially unsafe renovation going on today though! So many ladders and the saw on the pavement at one point. Was proving hard for pushchairs and people to get past, let alone the sawdust blowing in eyes. Shame it couldn't have been done at a less busy time for pedestrians!

Good evening,

I?m so sorry to hear that, & offer you my sincere apologies. I take all Health & Safety issues very seriously, & can assure you, I have personally spoken to my builders, who to offer their apologies, for any distress caused.

Regards

Dara

Archived