A dark day - The CPT (Lounged)

Otta

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Lovely thought Worker, but I suspect not.

I had a nose earlier...the lobbied entrance is still intact. The original bar has gone and the new bar will be against the back wall, adjacent the men's WC.

I don't know if they have salvaged the old bar counter, but they have started setting up an old looking wooden bar counter.

In the 'snug' area a wallpaper trellis has been set up, with rolls of embossed 'period' looking wallpaper.

The ceiling has been untouched so far.

Oh, and loads of tubes of Gripfill (builder's superglue) lying around, so don't lean too much on anything :)

Here's a quick sketch, not to scale...

TURNING and turning in the widening gyre

The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere

The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

The best lack all conviction, while the worst

Are full of passionate intensity.

Blimey! I haven't read that word since Earthly Powers.

?It was the afternoon of my eighty-first birthday, and I was in bed with my catamite when Ali announced that the archbishop had come to see me.?

Somebody nominated it as the best first sentence in fiction.

Anyway, back to the CPT, I sincerely hope the Ladies is going to be improved from the one tiny cubicle they had before. If there was somebody standing at the basin, you couldn't get into the bog, either :))

I spoke to a couple of the workmen the other day. They told me that there will be more ladies loos and that some of the more comfortable seats in what used to be the lounge bar will be put back, after they have been re-upholstered. There are now notices in the windows to recruit all sorts of fancy staff!!! We will have to wait and see!

had a peek in this morning, it's actually a lovely open area, the light from the glazed front penetrates right through.

there's the making of a bar counter at the 'back' (as you look in from the side) though can't tell if that'll eventually be moved to somewhere else. It look as though they may be re-using some of the features removed from the original partition and bar counters.

"a wallpaper trellis has been set up, with rolls of embossed 'period' looking wallpaper."

Oh dear, I reluctantly refer to my comment.

"whereby a pub can be revitalised without going down the canoes on the ceiling (20 years ago), pine/chrome (15 years ago), flock wallpaper (10 years ago)"

Seriously, can't they try for a dash of originality? Flock fecking wallpaper!!!!

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Don't think anaglypta is the same as woodchip, is

> it? It's just embossed wallpaper.

>

> Very popular in the seventies :))

>

> A pain to paint.

I said it was embossed in my earlier post Sue, then EP referred to it as flock, which it isn't, so I clarified by saying it was infact anaglypta. I didn't say anaglypta was the same as woodchip, I called it 'posh woodchip' because both were commonly used to cover up walls in poor condition in the 70's...

• 2 weeks later...