Summer babies thread (due June/July/August 2012)

Hiya

Very jealous of all the meets. I'm back home (have been away for a couple of months working) the week before the next meet but I'm taking my auntie out for her birthday on the 31st so I can't make it. Grrrrr.

BusyB - I'm round Nunhead way!

And I'd love to meet for coffee or summat when I'm back.

Am feeling enormous at the moment and I'm only 27 weeks. I can't believe there's another 13 weeks of growth ahead (if not more!) - that means I'm going to have to be rolled around. Hunger starting to kick in too. I'd been off food for a fortnight then bingo. Ravenous. All the time. Need to make sure I don't eat everything in sight. Step away from the fridge....

At the moment, though, all I want is an Indian take away. A really hot, spicy, chicken curry. yyyyuuuummmm.

Now - that's got nought to do with Baby.

Hi everyone, I agree Saturday afternoon sitting outside was lovely - but the plough certainly didn't make much money from us! Lets hope the 31st is just as nice...

Unfortunately I now can't make it to the playground next Friday, so I'll be keen to arrange another weekday play date soon. Is Friday the best day still?

Hope everyone is keeping well. See you soon!

Rachael

Hello mums-to-be-around-me,

I live on Copleston Road and am 21 weeks pregnant with my 1st child, due July 25th (eek).

Love your summer babies club. I just can't get my head around how life's gonna change (although I'm sure for the better), so while i'm lucky to have old uni friends nearby in Norwood, buddies in the same boat (who won't be at work) would be brilliant... I'm the first of our friends to have a baby and we have no nieces/nephews so I'm totally clueless, never even met a small baby before!!!

I've just been reading your reassuringly familiar posts, so nice to know my daunting developments are shared by others!

I have only respect for those of you with toddlers. Don't know how I would have got through the first few months without Sarturdays in bed!

My only complaints so far are feeling really knackered, although that's getting better... And having a wildly itchy back(!?)... Still waiting for the promised "glow" to arrive though!

I'm up for coming along to The Plough on March 31st if that's ok? What time?

Hello all.

Ok for a late joiner to pop along on 31st?

Our second baby is expected 12th June and our first will be three in May, she's looking forward to becoming a big sister.

I'm looking forward to my first yoga class at Kings today. If any of you are going you'll probably find me snoring, we've been awake since 3.45?!

Charlotte.

Hi other ED Summer-mums to be,

Look forward to seeing you again on the 31st (plough is good for me), and meeting those that did not make it to the last meet up (Charlotte, Amy and all others!)

Should we say 2pm again? can make it earlier if suits better.

Annabelle x

Hi,

Are we still on for this Friday at Goose Green playground say 10AM? I would say by the swings but the chances of baby 1 being happy to sit and be swung for any length of time are unfortunately minimal!

Hopefully I will make it to the plough on the 31st.

S

Hi all,

I haven't been on here yet but 1st baby due early July. (excited and scared but been pretty lucky with the pregnancy so far) Don't know any other mums locally so would really like to come and meet some of you if there's another get together soon. I work in the week so can only do weekends really.

I've signed up to nct which starts in April but would be interested to know how many others are doing it, or doing the NHS ante natal classes, or both? Although so many people I know in London and elsewhere swear by their nct group getting them through the first few months it strikes me as incredibly expensive as a way of simply meeting others, which by and large seems to be the main appeal of it. What do others think?

Julia

Hello Summer Mummies,

Am thrilled to have found this group (at the recommendation of a friend who had her first last year). I am expecting to just squeeze into the 'summer' group as I'm due 23rd Aug with our first. Would love to come and meet some of you on Saturday (assuming you are still taking new-comers?!) Am sure I read somewhere that the time was 2pm on the 31st, but I now can't seem to see that detail anywhere - is that right?

Hope you are all keeping well and enjoying the sunshine!

Jess

Hi all,

I will be a second time mum, with toddler of 2 years +3months. Can't quite get my head around having two little people to take care of soon... scary thoughts as I felt there was not enough time in a day first time round...

Nice to see there will be so many new summer babies.

Keen to meet up with mums and toddlers and soon-arriving newborns.

Kate

Hi there,

I haven't joined you all yet, but one of the lovely Mums through the Lanes Midwifery Practice told us she was coming along on Saturday.

Would love to come and meet you. I've already got a little boy who turned 4 yesterday and am due on June 23rd.

OK for a newbie to pop along with her little chap?

Lynlea

Hi there ladies

I have just found this thread & wanted to join in the fun :-)

I'm a first time mum to be & we found out recently we're having a little girl :-) Due date is the 19th of June so it's lovely to see how many of us are all in this together! I'm also very new to the ED area so I'm looking forward to meetups and summer sun! x

Hi all,

Haven't yet made it along to any meet-ups but going to pop in today with my son who is just over 2.5 yrs (next is due 10 Aug). We will be closer to 3pm due to nap time so hopefully will still catch some of you. x

Hello,

Congratulations to you all! I'm a latecomer but hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm due on 3 June with a little girl, our first. I'm fairly new to the area and would love to meet other summer mums, so I'll keep an eye out for the next meeting and hope to join you then.

Take care,

Dervla

Hello everyone,

I was sorry to miss you all yesterday in the Plough, hope you had a good time.

I am in a similar situation to Kristy - housing moving chaos. However I am delighted we have finally got in as the flat we're moving from is tiny, above a shop and involves a lot rickety steep wooden stairs - not very buggy friendly.

Right, back to B and Q for me.

BusyB - I am now v.near Nunhead, aside from the temporarily closed Rye, the old Nun's head is my local - their spring rolls are amazing!

Has another meet up date been arranged? - hope so.

xxx

Hello folks, hope all are well. It was so lovely to see SO MANY PEOPLE at the Plough yesterday! I can't believe how many of us there are due this summer.

Given the size of our group, a proposal was mooted that we have a very regular meet-up - say, every other Saturday - so then people can just drop in whenever they fancy. If you can't make it one week, there'll be another very soon afterwards.

That would mean the next meet-up date would be 14 April, followed by 28 April and so on from there.

What do people think? The Plough seemed to work very well as a venue for a very large group (and hopefully as the weather gets warmer it'll be even better) but I'm totally easy on where we meet. If there are other suggestions, please make them!

Otherwise, shall we say every other Saturday, 2pm at the Plough?

Looking forward to getting to know everyone better.

Julie xx

Really gutted I missed the meet up again on Saturday but the 14th is in the diary and I look forward to seeing you all at the Plough - it being my Birthday I definitely wont be working that day!

Hope you're all blooming well and enjoying the sunshine,

Gem x