road sign at ed roundabout

Atticus

Sign posts usually give the distance to a central point, rather than where an area starts. So 200 miles to London would be 200 miles to Charing Cross (the traditional 'central point' for such measures), not 200 miles to the edge of the M25.

So a better question is: where is the centre of Peckham?

Seeing as there is constantly people saying that if you're in SE15 then you're in Peckham - you could rightly say that the end of Ondine Road is in Peckham (SE15) in which case it's only a matter of metres. Where does Peckham stop and ED begin - you could debate the world away on this topic. I live on Choumert Road (the top end near Copleston), which is in Peckham. If I walk approx 400m along the road I am in East Dulwich. I rarely pass a border patrol, but sometimes wish that I did.

In terms of the centre of Peckham, I think the actual proper Peckham centre is the north of Rye Lane, essentially where it intersects with Peckham High Road? Although I will wait to be corrected.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• It starts with pedestrian walking down the middle of a cycle lane. So what do you think should happen to the 90% odd car drivers that break the law and think they are above it? 
    • Dulwich Hamlet women’s team have been promoted today   
    • Highly recommend Kim Michelet! 07838102782 Kim did a full bathroom refurb for us earlier this month and I'm thrilled with the results. We live in a flat with only one small bathroom and Kim made sure it was completed in the agreed time and was very tidy.  Kim has a great eye for detail and design and I really appreciated his advice along the way.  Before and after photos attached 🙂 
    • Highly recommend Kim Michelet! 07838102782 Kim did a full bathroom refurb for us earlier this month and I'm thrilled with the results. We live in a flat with only one small bathroom and Kim made sure it was completed in the agreed time and was very tidy.  Kim has a great eye for detail and design and I really appreciated his advice along the way.  Before and after photos attached 🙂   
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In