9 months on 9 months off?

Definitely hooray for all the successes - I am very impressed with all your progress, so today my light bulb went on & I joined the gym.... overcame all the excuses and went for the first session - feels great! Hope to see some results soon, too.....keep up the good work, everyone! mx

Well done mima. I definitely know my successful weeks are when I've been exercising

I jogged for 20 mins non stop on thurs which I'm thrilled about. In sept when I started ww I couldn't run for a minute so I can really see the change.

Keep it up everyone

Xxx

Started WW 3 weeks ago after realising that simply eating healthily and running weren't shifting the 3 years on baby weight and something more drastic was needed. Lost 2lb first week, 3lb next week then this week, despite going only 3 or 4 points into my weekly allowance and racking up 19 activity points with walking to and from work and a 5+km run yesterday, I find today on weighing myself that I have lost not a jot!

I'm well peeved (to put it mildly!). Also wondering whether, after losing the weight (presuming I do somehow manage to do so without having to cut down to sub-26 points a week), I'll ever manage to eat anything mildly naughty again without having to immediately counteract it by going into diet mode or see the pounds loading on again. At 4'10'' I suspect the scope for naughtiness will be VERY limited. Baa-humbug!

Don't be disheartened Nunheadmum, sometimes it's just one of those things. It's almost better to look at weight loss over a monthly time frame rather than getting too bogged down in weekly results, some days there's water retention etc etc which can mess up your weight. An average of 2lbs a week is the most you should aim for, so 5lbs in 3 weeks is brilliant.

If the same thing happens next week if I were you I'd consider eating a little more. May seem counterintuitive, but of you're exercising loads and not eating enough sometimes the weight doesn't shift.

As a long time WW (initially lost my main chunk of weight to get to goal in 2002 and went on to be a leader) I have always found that once at goal with maintenance sussed (involving continuing counting points and upping your allowance to find the point at which your weight stays the same) it's not difficult at all. In fact a lot of the time I found I was inadvertently losing weight, despite being at a point in my life where every weekend involved a wedding/30th/general drunken debauchery.

I'm always happy to look over food diaries and offer advice, I'm not a leader anymore but still pretty up to speed with how it works and may be able to help people who get stuck.

I'm staying well on track this weekend - a visit from the inlaws means I went out for a long walk in the rain this afternoon, and I'm joining Pebbles for a jog tomorrow morning :)

nunheadmum - oh poor you, it's horrible when you're counting like bonkers, doing exercise and it just doesn't shift. for me basically the weeks that i've lost the most are the weeks that i've gone a good 30 points into my weeklies - i know it sounds bonkers cos how can we lose weight when we're eating more but i do!!!

to be totally honest and not to sound like an alcoholic but i basically use my extras for alcohol so i can drink and then my dailies are for food!!!

i've had a blip over the last month but that's been due to my not counting all my food (and booze) and therefore eating bigger portions - I'm over that now and i'm back with vengeance :)

keep up the fitness and counting and i promise you will keep losing. please don't lose heart.

oh yeah, the other thing that sets me back is my fruit intake. although they're 0 points, 0+0+0 doesn't always = 0. they still have sugar in so the weeks when i've snacked too much on fruit are also the weeks where i've struggled to lose

another great piece of advice that i got from pickle is to mix up breakfasts. i used to have 2 weetabix's every morning but i now alternate - weetabix one morning, fruit salad the next and then eggs the next - again when i've done this i've pretty much always lost a lot

i'm looking forward to my very wet jog tomorrow with pickle - dare i say the thought of being away from in-laws/kids keeps us running for longer :)

keep it up everyone :)

xxx

Hey,

Where do you weigh yourselves? My scales are not reliable, so I want to find some scales that are. I could just weigh myself at the doctors whenever I'm there (which is a lot with the baby it seems) but even their scales differ between the rooms! By almost 2 kilos last time I checked (had docs and nurses on same day)

I used to weight myself at the gym but membership has lapsed....

Yes the Wed morning WW class for me too, at least that way you know you are being weighed on relisble scales and at the same time each week.

Pebbles and I braved the rain and jogged our way round the park this morning, I feel totally energised, it was brilliant :)

Well done Pickles and Pebbles for getting out in that rain. I went out on Friday and got caught but found too that I really liked it! Helps keep me cooler and you feel doubly virtuous for being out there! Would have been tempted this morning except that I'm on my own with kids.

I will keep at it.....thanks for the encouragement and tips. It's possible I was a bit too harsh on the food last week and eating lightly rather than healthily. (It doesn't help that I've got a bee in my bonnet about not eating 'low fat/cal' versions of things where they substitute thickeners and artificial sweetner for the real stuff - so some of my choices gobble up more points than perhaps they could if I gave in.)

I'm with you Pebbles on the extra points = alcohol points!!! And I'll try the breakfast tip....may stop me gettng totally sick of shredded wheat!

Another week, another 26 points.....let's see how it goes! Good luck everyone!

Hiya nunheadmum, i think our posts must have crossed yesterday evening. Just a quicky on exercising - if you are used to doing one form of exercising, it won't be as effective after a while (or you will have to up it all the time). In the past I found it really effective to rotate the exercise every 6 weeks, e.g. mixing running with swimming, aerobics, etc. And definitely some light weight training, the type with lots of repetitions. That can be squats, press-ups, that type of thing - the more muscle you have, the more energy you will burn, just in daily life...

Best of luck to all!

mx

Hi,

Just signed up for WW online... And it requires flash, which I can't use on my iPad. What do mac users do to get around this!?

Edited to add....

Right so have downloaded the mobile app which works fine, but I just need to work out how to use it. Aaaaaargh!

Hi Convex, the same thing happened to me. I now use the iPad app at home and log on online from my PC at work. I've lost 3 lbs over 2 weeks, which I'm happy with given that I have been out quite a bit and don't even feel as though I am on a 'diet'. Good luck everyone.

Hey - nice to have more people on here doing the same, and i'd just also like to say don't lose heart. 1 or 2lbs or even none in a week seems like very slow work, but I've been going for 4 months and it all adds up to LOTS and LOTS so keep going and by the middle of the summer you'll be really pleased you stuck with it!

Another pound down for me this week and i finally FINALLY after 4 months got my trainers on - I joined Urban Fox Fitness, paying up front for 4 classes (the only way i'll be certain to do it) which involves an hour of fat-blasting in Ruskin Park every Saturday morning. I'm still in a huge amount of achey pain 2 days later but its worth it and i feel so much better for it, physically and mentally. woo-hoo.

Nice that the sun is coming out too. Just need to lose a little more and i'll have an excuse to buy a new wardrobe in time for summer!!!

Hope everyone has been going ok this week x

Brilliant Grotty, welcome to the exercise club :)

You sound so positive, compare it to your posts a couple of months ago, I'm so pleased you found the extra motivation you needed to keep going. What's your total weight loss now?

I'm at that point now where people are commenting on my weight loss which really helps with the motivation. My favourite pre-pregnancy jeans fit now, 6 weeks ago I doubted whether I'd ever wear them again.

hi everyone just saw this thread, iv decided to start trying to shed the weight now my baby will be 3 months in 2 weeks, after reading this iv tryed the water idea it works wonders! will deffinitly be sticking to that i get really snacky in the evenings so need to find some kind of distraction for after dinner! im now trying skipping everyday heard it gets the heart pumping and the weight melting! its just taken time to get used to my new body shape....i sometimes feel like a completly different person :S

Hi nabz - is there a Zumba class anywhere near you?

An hour at Zumba and healthy eating throughout the week has done it for me since January.

I've been to Zumba tonight (St Saviours Church, Herne Hill Road) and it's done the trick.

Done Weight Watchers in the past but there's not many of them about now - probably been taken over by Zumba classes.

ah i see! i live in nunhead near the train st i know theres a few in east dulwich but would prefer something closer as still bf and reeallly cant be botherd expressing lol! do you know of any zumba places around here? thanks!

Another 2lb loss this week, chuffed to bits! I've done a couple of runs (including one last night once the kids were in bed) and lots of walking. 17lbs in total now, amazing how it adds up!