Health services in the Dulwich area

Give Your Views about Health Services in Dulwich

NHS Southwark is revitalising our plans for better health facilities for the Dulwich area, and step one is to agree the services that will be provided in the future, building on what people told us part of the Transforming Southwark?s NHS consultation which took place in 2009.

We will be talking to local residents, groups and organisations from February to April and are keen to hear your views.

NHS Southwark will be hosting a drop-in event at Dulwich Hospital on Wednesday 8 February 2012, 3 pm ? 7pm where you can come and talk to local clinicians and NHS staff about the plans. Copies of the engagement paper and survey will be available on the day.

Further details on the drop in session and copies of the engagement plan and links to the survey will be available on the NHS Southwark website from early February at www.southwarkpct.nhs.uk

Further information is available from NHS Southwark at [email protected] or 020 7525 7888

Regards,

Keri Lewis

Communication & Engagement Officer

NHS Southwark

NHS Southwark PALS (Patient Advice & Liaison) Team would be able to help - more details at:

http://www.southwarkpct.nhs.uk/patient_information/patient_advice

You can call freephone 0800 587 7170 (9.30 - 12.30 and 2-4 weekdays) or [email protected]. They can either intervene to help you get an appointment more quickly - or can feedback your experience to the Primary Care Contracting Team (who performance manage GP surgeries). Even if you don't want to follow up with a complaint, our PALS team appreciate hearing feedback about services - so I would encourage you to get in touch.

The flyer for the Dulwich Hospital drop-in is now available on our website at www.southwarkpct.nhs.uk and any support in passing this information on to other groups in the area would be much appreciated. Equally if you email me on [email protected] I can send copies of the flyer electronically or by post.

We are also keen to go out and visit local groups to discuss health services, so if your group would be interested in getting involved please do get in touch.

Thanks,

Keri Lewis

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that the drop-in event is TODAY at Dulwich Hospital, 3 - 7pm, so please do call in to find out more and share your views.

More information about the ideas for health services in Dulwich are going up on www.southwarkpct.nhs.uk in the next hour (by 11am) - there is a link on our home page to the Dulwich page where you can access relevant documents and an online survey.

Any queries, please get in touch at [email protected]

Regards,

Keri Lewis

NHS Southwark

Thanks to everyone who came out on a chilly Wednesday afternoon - however if you couldn't make it there are still plenty of ways to give us your views. An engagement document and a link to our online survey are available at:

http://www.southwarkpct.nhs.uk/about_us/developing_services_in_dulwich

The engagement document outlines some ideas - particularly looking at general practice, urgent care, ante/post natal care, intermediate care services for older adults and supporting people with long term conditions. However please do use the survey to give your views on other health issues as these are all just ideas at this stage.

We are also keen to get out and meet groups, so if there are meetings or events that we could attend to talk about the ideas, answer questions and hear your feedback, please get in touch (via the email below please - will also try and answer any queries via this thread).

At the moment we are focussing on local health needs and the services we need to meet those needs, however later in the summer we will be engaging on premises, and this will include the future of the Dulwich Hospital site.

Please do get in touch if you want any other information.

Keri Lewis

NHS Southwark 020 7525 7888 [email protected]

• 1 month later...

Just to let everyone know that the engagement around Dulwich health services continues (please visit the weblink mentioned above), and we will be available in Dulwich Library on Thursday 22 March, from 3 - 7pm so come along to pick up a document and share some of your views and feedback.

Please get in touch if you want any further information or if you would like us to send a paper copy to you in the post.

Keri Lewis

NHS Southwark [email protected] 020 7525 7888

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick reminder that we're in the library right now, and will be there until 7pm, so please pop along if you have any questions, comments etc. Or if you can't make it - leave us a question on this thread or by contacting [email protected]

We will leave copies of the brochure at the library, or if you'd like us to send you a copy just get in touch - all contact details are above.

• 1 month later...

We're coming to the end of the engagement period so if you haven't had a chance to share your feedback about local health services please visit http://www.southwarkpct.nhs.uk/about_us/developing_services_in_dulwich to find out more and access the online survey.

I will be based at Dulwich Hospital tomorrow and I'm very happy to drop off paper copies of the document to anyone in the area, or can help go through the questions face to face - so please do get in touch at [email protected] if you need any support to share your views.

Over the coming weeks we will be looking at the feedback in order to help us develop some more formal proposals,which will include the future of the Dulwich Hospital site, and these will be subject to consultation later in the summer. Will post more details here, and the webpage linked to above will be regularly updated.

Keri Lewis, NHS Southwark

• 1 month later...

Many thanks to everyone who got in touch, filled in our survey, sent us feedback or invited us to their group or event earlier this year. The engagement period closed last month and we've been busy analysing the many comments, view and experiences that local people shared with us.

We're planning to present this feedback at a public meeting on Tuesday 24 July, 5.30 - 7.30pm at St Barnabus Church Hall, Calton Avenue, SE21 7DG and would like to welcome along anyone who would like to hear more about what you told us and what the next steps are. This will include a more formal consultation on proposals, including the future of the Dulwich Hospital site, later this year.

It would be helpful if people could confirm attendance at this meeting - for the purposes of providing refreshments - but equally we would welcome anyone who comes along on the evening.

More information from [email protected] or 020 7525 7888.

Many thanks,

Keri Lewis, NHS Southwark

• 1 month later...

Just a quick reminder that this meeting at St Barnabas Church will be going ahead tomorrow from 5.30 - 7.30pm - and anyone is very welcome to join us.

If you want to be kept informed but aren't able to join us either get in touch to join our mailing list - or visit http://www.southwarkpct.nhs.uk/about_us/developing_services_in_dulwich where we will be posting any papers or reports.

We have recently moved over to NHS net emails - so our new contact address is [email protected]. If you're planning to come along it would be really useful if you could let us know in terms of planning seating and refreshments - but equally anyone would be welcome to join us on the evening.

• 7 months later...

As promised, we just wanted to let you know that our consultation on health services in Dulwich and the surrounding areas is now under way.

This formal public consultation, which asks for your views on which community-based health services should be available to local people and how they should be delivered, runs until 31 May 2013.

You can download the consultation document at: www.southwarkpct.nhs.uk, or request a hard-copy from [email protected] (Tel: 0808 178 9055)

As part of the consultation there are two public meetings and a number of drop-in sessions for a conversation or to give your views. These are below:

PUBLIC MEETINGS (book in advance on the website)

St Barnabas Church, Calton Avenue,

London, SE21 7DG

Tuesday 30 April in the evening from 19:00

Wednesday 22 May in the afternoonf rom 14:00

DROP INS (just turn up)

Cambridge House

1 Addington Square, Camberwell,

London SE5 0HF

Tuesday 19 March 2013 from 10:00 to 12:30

Peckham Library

122 Peckham Hill Street, SE15 5JR

Friday 22 March 2013 from 14:00 to 16:30