Plumber - can't recommend highly enough - Only Flues And Hoses

slimsurf1

I can't recommend Tony enough. We were in a pickle with a persistent drip coming from the boiler during the time of the coronavirus lockdown. Previously we'd had plumbers look at the boiler, adjust the water pressure and then tell us that we needed to replace the radiators. Tony came out (wearing a face mask to protect the tenants) and quickly identified the cause of the problem and had the whole situation sorted in less than an hour. It transpired that the drip and intermittent hot water had nothing to do with the water pressure or the radiators. He is the most reliable, honest and trustworthy contractor I have ever met. I completely trust him to give me a straight forward and truthful answer, plus his technical skills are second to none. Absolutely top bloke!

• 4 months later...

Sorry to say I've had a less positive experience with Tony. After these great reviews I contacted him to fix a small leak under my bathroom sink - a drip really, but I was concerned it would get worse. He came quickly this Monday, appeared to sort the problem, and to fix some dripping taps, sent me an invoice and I paid the same day.

That night I noticed a substantial leak under the sink and texted asking Tony to return and mend it. It's now Friday and Tony has said he's coming to fix the leak several times, but not turned up. I've texted and called, and had no reply, and the leak is now bad enough that the sink is unusable.

I honestly wish I'd never called him.

• 4 weeks later...

Another very happy client of Tony's from onlyfluesandhoses he is very good, honest, reasonably priced a total professional and lovely person to deal with.

He fixed our nightmare shower room and a leaky bath tap - difficult jobs with a multitude of problems which took years (and many failed attempts by other bad plumbers) to solve.

Could not rate him any higher and will keep on calling him when we have plumbing problems

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I would definitely recommend Tony. He is friendly, professional, helpful and got straight back to me with a date to come round. He fixed the four plumbing jobs which needed to be done. He is honest, as one of the jobs was our error and he didn't pretend it was a job he needed to do, which if he had, could have cost quite a bit. He is very efficient and reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend and use him again. Tony - Only Flues and Hoses - 07734 9562340.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Have used Tony twice now. Not only is the name 'Only Flues and Hoses' amazing, but both times he was responsive, knowledgeable and good value. The first issue was repairing a botch job from a previous plumber for a boiler flue - he was able to fit me in at very short notice and sort a couple of other bits too. Most recently, I had a burst pipe behind the bathroom sink last night at 11pm. Rang him at 8am, he had arrived by 9am and fixed it/replaced the tap by 10am. Can't beat that. Would recommend him to anyone who will listen.

Lindsey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I would definitely recommend Tony. He is friendly,

> professional, helpful and got straight back to me

> with a date to come round. He fixed the four

> plumbing jobs which needed to be done. He is

> honest, as one of the jobs was our error and he

> didn't pretend it was a job he needed to do, which

> if he had, could have cost quite a bit. He is very

> efficient and reasonably priced. I would

> definitely recommend and use him again. Tony -

> Only Flues and Hoses - 07734 956340

• 3 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Tony from Only Flues and Hoses.

Tony has been a few times over the past couple of weeks to fix a tricky problem with our boiler.

He responds really promptly to calls and messages. He is polite, reliable, and really goes the extra mile to fix the problem.

I will definitely use Tony again in the future for any plumbing jobs and can?t recommend him highly enough.

Sarah

Ihank you to everyone who has posted on this thread!

I called Tony this morning, he came round this afternoon, fixed a toilet flush that's been bugging me for years, then showed me how to reset the pressure on our central heating & how to recharge the air gap in our megaflo and explained when & how to do it again so I can do all those things myself next time. I'd tried to figure out the megaflo from youtube videos before but now know I've never actually done it properly! He was lovely to deal with, with none of the patronising or annoying chat you often get from tradespeople. I totally see why he's rated so highly and would recommend him for any plumbing job. He's coming back soon to replace a radiator and a sink for us.

I used East Dulwich Forum to contact Tony last night. I can't recommend highly enough.

Our kitchen sink was badly blocked. We had tried fixing it ourselves with off the shelf products, but didn't drain. I called DynoRod and they said they'd be out in 5 - 6 weeks to fix it!!! Tony had finished work, was sitting at home waiting for his dinner and still offered to come around the same evening!

He cleared the drains and pipes multiple times, and even showed me how to do it in the future. Thankfully he got home for dinner. This was 5 star service. Great name too - ONLY FLUES AND HOSES!! Brilliant.

I used East Dulwich Forum to contact Tony last night. I can't recommend highly enough.

Our kitchen sink was badly blocked. We had tried fixing it ourselves with off the shelf products, but didn't drain. I called DynoRod and they said they'd be out in 5 - 6 weeks to fix it!!! Tony had finished work, was sitting at home waiting for his dinner and still offered to come around the same evening!

He cleared the drains and pipes multiple times, and even showed me how to do it in the future. Thankfully he got home for dinner. This was 5 star service. Great name too - ONLY FLUES AND HOSES!! Brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...
I had water coming up through my floorboards and could not work out where it was coming from - was really panicking. Rang Tony and he sorted it - full diagnosis (using an endoscope camera!) to find the leak and then repaired it immediately. Such a helpful guy. And a very fair price - I'm absolutely delighted with the result. I would strongly recommend Only Flues and Hoses! Cheers Tony!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you to everyone who recommended Tony from Only Flues and Hoses. He has been with us today and has done a brilliant job of sorting out problems with an outdoor tab ,leaky toilet with a broken flush and leaking radiator. He definitely went the extra mile to leave things working properly and future proofed against any other problems that may come up. He explained everything and was really helpful. A pleasure to have in the house. Would highly recommend Tel:07734956340

• 1 month later...
Another recommendation for Tony - he came round the same day to have a look at my shower which a previous plumber was unable to fix, ordered the part immediately and the shower was fixed within a week. He also fixed my shower head holder without me even asking. Lovely guy - would 100% recommend!

Just going to add to this thread again ! Tony has just saved us thousands - we had a problem with our boiler and lost hot water and pressure as we have free emergency call out with our bank we used this service they came and were on the face of it extremely professional - advised that the boiler was past it and irreparable or at least ?1400 in parts .

we gave Tony a ring as although happy to use the free plumber from the bank to get us up and running in an emergency we would never get any actual work done by anyone else

Long story short he popped round at very short notice sorted the problem first go with just two new parts and its now running perfectly. Honestly can't recommend Tony enough super knowledgeable such a lovely person great with our children and totally honest

ONLY FLUES and HOSES is the website phone number is 07734956340

• 1 month later...
Another very happy customer of Tony's - he came very quickly to assess a leak I had and sorted the problem the same day, neatly and efficiently and very reasonably priced. As others have said, responsive and helpful, and explained what had happened really clearly. I felt completely confident in him. Thanks so much, Tony!

• 2 weeks later...
Tony just came round at short notice to look at a leak in our boiler, carried out a simple fix, gave us lots of advice to prevent it happening again, didn't laugh too much when we admitted we couldn't remember where our stopcock was despite living here 14 years, and then refused to take any payment! What a star. Will definitely use again.

• 4 months later...