Do you know Torrent?

Jasmina

I had a weird experience last night...

At 4am my doorbell was rung in an urgent and impatient manner - the doorbell for the flat upstairs was rung (although we didn't realise until my partner went to the front door at the same time as the guy from upstairs came down to see what was going on).

A man (we didn't open the main front door) was talking in a raised voice "Oi Geezer, let me in!" My partner asked who it is and he replied "It's Torrent! C'mon, let me in!". This man got quite cross when we didn't let him in and my partner told him that no one of that name lived here.

We live on Tintagel Crescent and pretty much the entire street are young families or the few folk who have been here for decades. It seems unlikely that the demographic on my road would be pals with someone who would bang the door at 4am in a slightly threatening manner.

So, my questions are... Has anyone had this kind of experience? Does anyone know Torrent?

This guy was with someone else and they both walked off towards Elsie Road at 4am.

Maybe I'm suspicious but it all smells a bit funny to me.

Jasmina,

We too had a ring at our door at 4am, friday morning.

But, unlike yourself, did not answer - though, looked out the upstairs window to see who was there.

And, unlike your experience, there was just one bloke.

When it became obvious we weren't coming to the door, he wandered across the street and rang the neighbors door.

There was a discussion, but they did not let him in.

And, like your experience - there was some sort of discussion between the two through the door.

I got the explicit impression that the owner of the flat did not know the person.

That became very apparent when the first of two police cruisers showed up 10 mins later.

(Jasmine - did you not see the police show up?)

And this is the weird part - it seemed like the bloke waited patiently for the police to come.

Showed his wrists to the officer as if to say cuff me and was then placed in the back of the cruiser.

At this point I had had enough - and went to bed.

Would be interested to know if your two men knew the gentleman i saw...

And/or what the hell was going on!

Neighborhood Watch at it's finest!

cheers

Oh Chemicaltrip, this is interesting! I'm liking the Neighbourhood watch crew! We didn't call the police and didn't see them either as had gone back to bed after the excitement of our late night caller. I wonder if he / they came to you after me.. It's weird that he just gave up his wrists to the police - at least he went quietly.

All very weird.