1 o'clock Club - Peckham Rye NEEDS SAVING

aceface

As above. For the last 2 years my son (and now his brother too) sleeps from 1-3. We've loved using the 1 o'clock club in the summer when it opens in the mornings, but never can make the afternoon sessions, and by the time we could the boys will probably be too old...

Obviously I don't want to see it go, but find it hard to actively support something that is only open during most (I know not all) toddlers nap time.

I did see the guy from the Ivydale children's centre down there with a clipboard, one day last week. So hopefully they are still working on that option. The Children's centre at Ivydale is good (being new does help but the staff seem pretty good, well organised and do great activities). Let's hope they can work out a way to make the One O'Clock club feasible because I think the mix of their input and the space available, could make for a really brilliant resource.

I have to echo the issue of timing though - with 2 kids who have (thankfully!) been good lunchtime sleepers, I rarely got to use the club. A mix of morning and afternoon sessions would open it up to more potential users I think.

Hi oimissus, snowboarder and nunheadmum appreciate your thoughts and comments and understand your issues regarding timings. Hopefully the opening hrs can be suggested and addressd if there is another meeting. My daughter dropped her naps some time ago (she's 2yrs 5 mths) and as a late riser we missed and actually still can't manage to get to morning activities. I used to bust a gut to get to Rhyme Time at the library! You're little ones will eventually drop the naps and maybe you'll use the 1 o'clock club some day down the line. I agree with you Fuschia, I certainly wasn't meaning to cause offense to others who had previously discussed or continue to fly the flag in saving this centre. I suppose i'm trying to create some attention. I would hate to sit here quietly awaiting news to eventually be told they are axing it....no news is good news yes? But nobody seems to know what's happening and maybe those with the authority are secretly hoping they can close it quietly without any fuss. I just want to help keep it open in whatever way I can....In my mind talking it up seems to be the only productive way to do it at the moment....

The club is open 930a.m. to 1230p.m. and 1p.m. to 345pm. and costs ?4, which anyone who attends can "feel" is not covering costs. There is a large outside space in addition to it being located right inside the park. There is a free car park 15 seconds away. The ladies running it do very well - they change around activities and interact extremely well in my view with the mixture of ages of children who attend. If you haven't been, it's well worth coming along and giving it a go.