The Reliant

The Reliant

Shorely any voluntary action requires motivation?

I accept the 'cynical' sobriquet, but I sustain that you'd need to supply some degree motivation? Writing 3,000 words isn't like tripping over the cat.

Any 'mountain climbing' motivations such as 'I wrote it to prove I could' or even 'I wrote it because I enjoyed it' are essentially self serving, and create massive problems with editing. Can you imagine Picasso's response to someone taking a pair of scissors to Guernica because they only liked the horse?

Any other motivation involves the conveying of a particular message - and editing plays hell with that too.

Ergo editing contributed content is a nightmare?

Editing is only easy if content's paid for - because it doesn't impact upon the initial motivation, getting paid.

............self-appointed, manipulative food nazis.

I love you H. Infact Im in the process of putting together a list of your best quotes from the EDF. Its just super!

Glad to see you all enjoyed the dulwich meat day article, good picture huh? Just to let you know the DVVS is spreading to Brixton, Clapham, Peckham, Crystal palace and Forest Hill so prepare to see your happy smiling mugs across SE London shortly.

Tom

Excellent TM, just try not to have one of those squeaky bum moments where you annouce to your entourage 'that H actually had the nerve to call me a manipulative nazi, where did he get that from, the idiot??? hur hur hur' and instead of laughing with you they actually lapse into silence and look knowingly at each other...

• 2 weeks later...

I received two identical emails from The Reliant.

I answered both of them. Then I sent a third email asking why I'd not had an answer to my queries.

I haven't had a response to any of my emails.

Why did they bother emailing me if they can't be bothered to respond to my replies?

I'm not impressed.

Huguenot, if you discount Tom's single initial response to this thread in support of the Reliant, it seems like it is you you you that is hijacking it to talk about Tom Tom Tom hence the subsequent posts about him.

I think you've inadvertently given the DVVS more discussion time on this forum than they have themselves :))

Ahem! ::o I've reread the thread, and I seemed to discuss content, contributors, editing issues, funding, delivery mechanisms and long term viability?

References to the aggrandisement of local individuals came under the content elements, and as a rough judge was less than 5% of the wordcount.

I'm not really interested in playing therapist to preening narcissists on this thread, I only referred to it as an example of poor editorial.

I'm quite happy to continue discussing it from this perspective?

• 2 weeks later...