Results of Bassano Street Committee Meeting 1st October 6.30pm

Slightly annoyed that there has been, to my knowledge, no notification from Southwark of this meeting. Still, I have written to them twice regarding the redevelopment and have not had the courtesy or a response yet so not surprising.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been in somewhat painful correspondence with Southwark over the lack of interest in forming a project group for this redevelopment. Apparently 4 'households' registered interest, less than the required 5 people.

If you did register interest please let me know, whilst Southwark have not indicated they will form a group I would like to press them if there was sufficient interest.

thanks

geh

Consult about what ? If is was private land it would be built by now . If there aren't any planning issues what are they consulting on? Do you want it ? ... no I live next door. No I dont? Dont get me wrong we have council land next to us which i would be fighting for eedevelionent if it happens but it's a planning issue

there are probably secondary things like brick colour and layout which are influenceable by local opinion.

The council is influenced by public concerns ie a shortage of public housing and a tidal wave of homelessness. Serious local concerns about safety etc could influence it the other way.

I own a flat directly opposite the garages and have just inspected the drawings at Dulwich library. They are proposing 4 town houses, in line with the upper level of the Church building, no provision for parking, with large windows looking into my property. Seems a bit much that they need to go from a single story structure - ie garage's with flat roof's, to a 3 storey structure. I'll oppose this on the basis of, a 3 storey will effect my light, no provision for parking on a plot of land that is fairly sizable, and large windows effecting my privacy. I hope others on Bassano Street also object when the planning is proposed. However... Southwark Council, hiring architects to provide drawings, to be presented to Southwark Council planning department.. where's the conflict of interest there?

Just reviewed consultation boards.

3bed terraced houses on a side street in East Dulwich without dedicated off-street parking...that?s what this area is almost entirely made up of.

The boards only show scale of buildings, not their proposed design, so concerns about window sizes are misplaced.

Anyone objecting to this is wasting their time.

There is nothing controversial here.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am really disappointed by the design of these which are very different from what was shown at the consultations. The second floor level is ugly and not at all in keeping with the buildings around. I was also assured that the idea was for the brickwork to blend in with the buildings nearby. I will be opposing the design.