Robbery Abbotswood Road

p_glover

Just to inform the local residents that my housemate was robbed this evening 22/02/ at Approx 10.05pm on Abbotswood Road opp Junction of Shaw Road SE22 by a male you approached her from behind put his arm around her neck and threw her to the ground taking her bag and phone etc.

Unfortunately she didn't see the male from the front but all she can describe of him is being male, 6ft plus, wearing a black puff jacket with hood up, jeans, when he was running away.

A large beige handbag was taken containing the usual female items including red shoes. I believe the purse has been found on Abbotswood Road by a neighbour. (posted on ED Forum)

She had just got of the train at East Dulwich and had walked the length of St Francis road before turning into Abbotswood Road. There were a number of people in front of her at the time but they had all gone into properties or had walked up Burrow Road.

Unfortunately she had her iPod on so wasn't able to hear anyone approaching from behind.

She is safe and well. A little shaken with cuts and bruises.

Not wanting to teach anyone to suck eggs..... but a reminder for us all that maybe before we get off at our train stop we take out our iPods and put them away and pay a bit of attention to our surrounding area when we head home.

Thanks for reading and stay safe

I know this is about the woman from Pecham Rye are you still tracing her or are you concern because if you are she should be concern too this is not a jk this is serious. If you are taking things in hand very serious then

we should do something about it too.

MadDad39 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I know this is about the woman from Pecham Rye are

> you still tracing her or are you concern because

> if you are she should be concern too this is not

> a jk this is serious. If you are taking things in

> hand very serious then

> we should do something about it too.

What the hell does that mean????

Anyway, horrible thing to happen to any person and glad she's ok. Hope the thieving sh*t gets what's coming to him - I'm a strong beliver in Karma.

Maddad I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about,no idea whatsoever!

This is a shame for your friend glover it really is. I see so many women walking about in the early hours with a phone attached to there ear, or with headphones in, women who leave train stations on the phone telling there loved ones there on there way home, without a care in the world. You are all targets regardless of the time of day, you walk up a side street chatting on your phone speaking loudly so every one can hear, you are a target for thieves, its just luck that some of you have never been mugged. I sound harsh but unfortunately we now live in a society where certain people will stalk weak looking people to attack.

If you must use your phone then do so before the train stops, do not walk alone with headphones in your ear or with a phone attached to it.

Seems harsh I know, but these are the type of people some persons are looking for.

Life isn't fair, and some people can quite happilly walk around with things on display

yet nobody will touch them. More vulnerable people have to be very careful, although

I've never seen so many IPads out as recently.

I'm sure it was on here I first heard of the SE15 frown - a look developed in SE15 to

put off muggerrs/chuggers etc. Laughed at the time, but it exists.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Betterat50m - totally agree that people shouldn't

> walk alone at night with phone or ipod on display,

> but I think you're wrong to single out women.

> Plenty of men are also mugged. Everybody has to be

> careful and stay alert.