Another power cut ! Grrrrr!

Unbelievable - one week and four hours later and my house is plunged into electro-absence again.

Have reported it to UK PowerNwetwork.

Anyone else experiencing it? Just had an automated text to say "it's a substation fault" - which is what the texts said last time - albeit they were 48 hours late i arriving.sigh!!!!!!!!!

Likewise. On the bright side, I have now received two texts actually on the date of the incident. Progress!

I'm told it may take a few "blowings" of the fuse at the substation In order for the cable fault to show up on the diagnostic equipment. So in anticiaption of further cuts, I'm thinking of buying more candles and a wind up radio in preparation. And putting all of my solar lights out in the back garden!

It's like the 70s all over again. Will be queueing for bread next!

Me too, underhill rd for second week running. Quite funny to realise I can't report it since my landline doesn't work when the base station has no power! Anyone any idea how long its likely to last? Last week I think it was only a few hours? This can't be good for my tv!

Keep track of when your power cuts are and how long they last. If you end up suffering 4 lasting more than 3 hours each over the course of a 12 month period, then you're entitled to claim ?54 back from the power company. They keep it fairly quiet and generally just talk about compensation after 1 18 hour outage but it's usually buried somewhere on their website - oh yes, and you need to claim for it. It won't just show up.

Ooh yes - I've just looked this up on the British Gas website (my electricity supplier).

The documentation says the 4 cuts have to occur between 1st April and 31st March (...!) to be eligible. So if it's going to happen, let's hope it happens in the next 19 days! Otherwise, they'll get off scot free :( What's the betting there's only one more power cut before 1st April and then another one ON 1st April. Talk about April Fools...

Here's what BG's doc says:

http://www.britishgas.co.uk/pdf/look_how_we_are_doing.pdf