Dog poo on Landcroft Road

Dudley

I have contact James Barber about the disgraceful condition of Landcroft Road which seems overrun with dog excrement.

This is particularly the case between Heber Road and Crystal Palace Road. The bin at the end of the road has also not been emptied since Sunday.

I have posted it here as I feel it is especially dangerous to children.

It must be infuriating to the residents of Landcroft Road.

Please join me in advocating for cleaner streets. Email your local Counsellor.

I share your frustration at the amount of dog sh*t on ED's streets, but I'm not sure e-mailing James B et al is the answer insofar as it shouldn't be a problem the Council needs to deal with in the first place. I'd add any other rubbish to that.

Seeing our local street cleaner the other day I was struck by how frustrated he must get - literally minutes after he'd meticulously cleaned a section of street some pr*ck unwrapped his box of cigs and without so much as a quick look around to check if the coast was clear dropped the cellophane on the footpath. I boiled in shame that I didn't step out there and ask him to pick it up.

Worker Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I share your frustration at the amount of dog sh*t

> on ED's streets, but I'm not sure e-mailing James

> B et al is the answer insofar as it shouldn't be a

> problem the Council needs to deal with in the

> first place. I'd add any other rubbish to that.

It most certainly is a problem the council needs to deal with...

Community Wardens

Reducing environmental crime

Wardens help to improve the environment by identifying and reporting litter, graffiti, fly tipping and abandoned vehicles to the council's cleansing services.

The monitoring of street and estate cleaning helps improve the appearance of the area and discourages further crime and ASB. Wardens are empowered to issue fixed penalty notices for littering, fly tipping and dog fouling.

Read Here

Don't seem to be working around East Dulwich..

Fox

I think it is fair enough that street cleaners will not wnat to pick up poos with bags, but there are cheap handheld devices that could easily be used

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=dog+scooper&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4411412128147679595&sa=X&ei=kL9hT4ywA8W68gOPmcG7CA&ved=0CHUQ8wIwAQ

Of course, ideally everyone sould pick up after their own dog and I am in favour of on-the-spot fines for those caught not picking up, just as I would be for any deliberate littering.

Has anyone else noted high levels of broken glass everywhere, again? I fail to see how you can accidentally drop and smash a bottle without realising- incredibly dangerous too.