New to the Area

Hello EDFers

My wife and I have just bought a lovely house on Ryedale and will be moving in at the end of May. There are a few things that we were unsure about and wanted some help from you people....

Apart from any useful comments about the immediate area around Ryedale

We have a beautiful little 2 year old girl , Hannah and we are anxious to make sure that she settles in well having moved from North London and not really knowing anybody in the area. Can anybody recommend a Nursery nearby and can you tell us how long the wait would be to get Hannah in?

Are there any German grops for parents and little ones (Hannah's mummy is German) or are there any play groups ( Music classes/ children's entertainers in the park ( that kind of thing/activity) that they can attend?

Is there a Rudolf Steiner school nearby?

And finally a question from me Dad aka Simon

Can anybody recommend a really good builder/ somebody who can instal a kitchen down stairs loo and maybe knock a few walls down

Hi there, welcome! Can't helP on the German front but I've just enrolled my son to start at 'my favourite nursery' on upland road. If you pay a month of fees uPfeont it will secure you a place.. The waiting lists can be long so I'd start to do a ring around nOw..

I have a builder who is fab. I gOt him off the forum. If you would like his details pm me and I'll send you his number. He is local, super reliable and a nice guy.

X

Haberdasher's Aske, Hatcham, just over the border in LB Lewisham are planning to open a English/German biligual Free School next year (English in the morning, German in the afternoon). As this quite unusual and a new school, I have no idea what the catchment will be like!

Renata