Copleston Playgroup

Grotty

This is a great playgroup which I look forward to each week but the last couple of weeks there has been no-one there to open up/set up. This week there were only 2 of us, so felt very empty & sad, & we had to search about for key/toys etc. It's an invaluable local resource which I know is run by volunteers. I didnt stay around to speak to the vicar on Tuesday as he was busy & my daughter needed feeding/sleep, but I would be happy to help out with opening up/setting up if this helps keep it going. Does anyone know who runs it?

Hi

The playgroup relies on volunteers who are on a rota to open and/or close up each week. I know they struggle to find people - I opened it last week and there were about 15 or so mums there, which is quieter than usual, but two sounds deserted!

I'll look out the details of who organises the rota and let her know about this thread - am sure she would welcome more volunteeers, I think some of those who were helping out now can't attend as their children have gone onto nursery etc

Hiya,

I used to run this group with a friend of mine (by default I might add as we had no other volunteers!) but have since returned to work, where I've been desperately trying to keep the group going by keeping in touch with the few people's contact emails we had who were happy to volunteer... I'm really sorry that you open up, my mother in law has had to do it a couple of times too when people havent shown up, but we've just not has the response we would have liked from mums and dads who use the group that would be happy to spare a little time. I posted on the forum a couple of times to, but didn't get much of a response. (Thanks to those that did if you're reading this btw!!). Anyway, I've just had a text from Paul at the Copleston who tells me they have finally got someone from the church to co-ordinate, so everything should be back to normal as of next week!

Thanks again to anyone who has helped out over recent weeks, it really is much appreciated.

Jane

Hi. Jane, I've taken the email address I had off the Directory on our website (EDtots) as I'm guessing it is out of date. If you have any new contact details I can add to the site, please let me know.

Lindsey, I have it showing as Tuesday from 10 - 12 and age range of 1 - 4 years. If anyone has different info, please do let me know.

Thanks!

www.EDtots.co.uk

Hi all, I've been going to this group since my little boy was about 12 months old, and always took my baby girl with me when she was born 6 months after I started going! She's now 16 months old and has pretty much been every week since then... It does say Parent & Toddler group on the sign outside, but there are always lots of babies there, and plenty of baby toys. I might email Paul at the church actually and ask him to change it.

The time is officially 10-12, but tidy up time always used to start at around 11:30 in order to allow time for singing, it just depends on whoever is tidying up on that particular day.

Yep, Tuesday's only, but there are lots of others locally if you're looking for groups around the area. We used to like:-

Monday - not much going on Mondays... would be a good day for someone to start a group! I think Red Post Hill might still be going, if anyone knows please post!

Tuesday - Copleston 10-12 (This is ?1 per child, not 50p as stated on EdTots)

Wednesday - All saints church, Peckham 10.10-11, 11-12 (I think this one is my favourite, there are two sessions, but we used to stay for both and do two lots of singing!)

Thursday - Salvation Army, Camberwell Green 10-12 (this also runs on wednesdays and Fridays I think, check their website!)

Friday - Cheeky C's near to JAGS also runs a few days a week 9.30-12, but works out quite expensive if you have more than one child and a penchant for coffee and nice cake! (It's ?3.50 per child, plus ?2 for a sibling over 1)