The 2012 Olympic Barry Barry Road Race

Indeed SJ, and according to my pinecones, weather looks like it will be fine (always is on race day!). 72 runners last year, think we may top that this year. We're gonnae need a bigger bear!

We will be in Plough from noonish, but expect "runners" and their support teams to arrive fom 1ish upto 2.30 when the list needs to be closed for set up at the Clockhouse. Aim for the Barry gun to go aff at 3pm (or there abouts) We have considered the use of BOOBS (Barry Ordering Of Bevvy System) this year, so will see how that works.

Normal rules of the road apply.

See youse at the start and or finish lines...till then:

Lasers set tae MALKY.......Charge!

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Not long now, not long at all. I have even had a

> couple of people at work come up to me and ask

> about it (they saw me in a youtube video at a

> previous one)

>

> A big day ahead

We participated last year.... Was great fun! We had friends visiting for the weekend and they did it too!

We moved away from ED earlier this year so are not around to join the fun, however we have organised satellite participation here in deepest darkest kent! Participants arrived last night for a warm up ready for the big day today! Will keep an eye on here to make sure the start time coincides :)

Greetings Sports Fans

So the big day is finally upon us. Looking forward to what will surely be an Olympic event. Please ensure you're at the Plough for no later than 2 o'clock in order for us to get the Clockhouse drinks order sorted. We will be in the Plough from Noon limbering up in the Barry Barry style.

Weather is here, wish you were lovely...

Lasers, Malky, Charge etc

Barry Barry Love

SB

Looks I will be there cheering on too! Was supposed to be doing Dulwich Gallery with the (21 year old) daughter of an American friend. Turns out she'd much rather come to this (who would have thought it). And, fair warning gentlemen, she is, and I'm quoting here, her "college beer mile champion"...will see if we might have a US team entry...

I have some video....will find a place to post it. Can I also say a massive thanks to everyone for making our guest Amanda USA (or "The Pink Blur" as she was christened) feel so welcome. She "had a blast" and is looking forward to introducing Barriet to New York (and she promises to return her next year).

• 2 months later...