Curry Club - Thursday 7 March 2019 - venue TBC

Michael Palaeologus

A marvellous evening at Omrith. Seven of us, good food, pleasent lavatories, free apres snifter and a lift home.

One minor issue relating to the conduct of a member. I must emphasise that the breaking of furniture at an ED Curry establishment is concidered to be in breach of our code of conduct. Sitting on a 3 legged (formally 4 legged) chair, whistling tunelessly does not pass muster and is concidered conduct unbecoming.

You know who you are. Hang your head in shame.

Thanks for organising this Michael, a good night it was. First a swift one in the fht which was nice then to Omrith. My dish was good, lamb shank with rice, extra rice was recommended by the waiter but not needed as the 'garnish' cumin rice was enough. Great company as always. First time there, the other tables were quite empty though but nice for chatting especially if you are deaf:)). Free grappa and a free glass of wine we had afterwards. Recommended imo.(tu)

oh yes we will be there at Mirash as that is Nic's favourite!! Its in the diary..

My review - (I preface this with I was the only one who didnt seem to like it that much).. Waiter needed to go to learning how to smile school, service was slow considering we were the only ones there, food was nice but average - certainly nothing to write home about, cost was good at ?21 per head, company was great especially when the chair took a battering hahaha.. Wouldnt rush back unless the CC was going and I was coming along.

Muchos lovos..

Really fun evening, it was lovely to see everyone.

I have to mention the Onion Bhajis...they were to die for and definitely the best Bhaji I have ever tasted (tu)

Top marks for the breaking of the chair incident, oh how we laughed.

Oh, how we laughed indeed ...

Anyway, Lurker, I think you'll find that what happened at curry club, stays with curry club.*

However, do feel free to PM me for *confidential* details of whodunnit. And perhaps an in-depth account on upholstery conditions.

Good company, very enjoyable evening and Omrith gets (tu) from me too.

* Or goes on the forum :))

• 3 weeks later...

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Tuesday everybody. Could people confirm if they

> are coming?

>

> I suggest we meet at the EDT at 7.15 and on to

> Mirash at 8.

great! see you all :)