Passing of a popular local character

karen1

To all the lovely people of east dulwich who may remember my father Tony and his 4 legged buddy Jed his old English sheep dog. For many years he would walk around the area with a big friendly smile chatting up the ladies!

For the last few years he has suffered from ill health and has been house bound and sadly on April 7th he passed away peacefully aged 90 years.

I would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to all those people who looked out for him and made sure he was ok on some of his not so good days!

My fathers funeral will take place on Thursday 19th April 3.15pm at Honor Oak Crematorium and afterwards we will meet at Vintage Pretty's on Northcross Road around 4pm.

Karen x

so sorry for your loss ,they used to make me smile when i saw them walking up lordship lane togather ,they passed the shop where i work and i gave your dad a cream cake which he seemed to enjoy .thoughts are with you xxx

Oh Karen - my deepest sympathies go to you and your family. I often passed the time of day with your dad over the years and had wondered about him and Jed having not seen them in such a long time. In fact, the last time I saw Jed you were walking him and we had a quick chat - that must be well over a year ago now. My thoughts are with you...Helen

Sorry to hear this, i think i met you and your father, i brought the cats over. He was a lovely man, i remember him proudly showing me his bicycle and talking of his days in his cycling club. Deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Hello Karen,

I was very sorry to hear about the passing of your Father Tony. I am a dog owner (Toby -Red Fox Labrador)and spent many a nice time chatting to him and of course with Jed. I ony met him a few times, but always enjoyed his company.

Is Jed still around? Unfortunately I only read your message today! I would have come to his funeral if I had known.

Warm Regards,

Mandi

Thank you for all your lovely messages ( of which some of them I read out at his funeral ) it is lovely to know that so many kind people chatted to him and looked out for him.

We gave him a good send off !!

Mandi thank you for you message Jed passed away several years ago :(

Karen

karen1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> To all the lovely people of east dulwich who may

> remember my father Tony and his 4 legged buddy Jed

> his old English sheep dog. For many years he would

> walk around the area with a big friendly smile

> chatting up the ladies!

> For the last few years he has suffered from ill

> health and has been house bound and sadly on April

> 7th he passed away peacefully aged 90 years.

>

> I would like to take this opportunity to say a big

> thank you to all those people who looked out for

> him and made sure he was ok on some of his not so

> good days!

>

> My fathers funeral will take place on Thursday

> 19th April 3.15pm at Honor Oak Crematorium and

> afterwards we will meet at Vintage Pretty's on

> Northcross Road around 4pm.

>

> Karen x

My condolences.I am not sure I knew your father but knew an elderly gentleman who I spoke to when we met on LL mostly. Was your father a professional or semi professional cyclist at one time? We used to talk about bikes.

Im sure that was my dad you talked to,he wasn't a professional cyclist but he was a very keen one.

He was a member of Catford Cycling Club and used to take part in time trials, most of the time he

finished in the top three which was pretty good as he was the oldest member.