Revised new - M&S planning application to replace Iceland..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why this was rejected? What could be worse than empty office space above Iceland and a store that is tired and dated?

It seems to be a decision made by a vocal minority - give me real well thought out rational as to why it was rejected and you can sway me, but so far I have heard nothing that persuades me there is any reason to reject it ...

One "reason" I heard was about the lorries, are M&S lorries any different than Iceland lorries? Another was that it would affect Lord ship Lane business, how does 8 extra flats with 16+ people adding spending power to LL impact negatively??

I was only going by what I have read in this thread, I can't find a link to them but if you have it I will read it

first mate Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Calsug,

>

> Have you read the application and read the

> objections?

From my brief perusal of the objections they seem to mainly fall into the following categories (I may have missed some):

1. Don't want an M&S because it's expensive

2. Delivery lorries are already a nightmare (unclear exactly how M&S will change this, but seems to be a vague belief that lorry size will increase?)

3. Removing the car park and building flats will add to parking pressures / we have a right to park on our street.