Revised new - M&S planning application to replace Iceland..

Just going back to the flats and offices issue and the chronology of the development. How is it that the developer was able so easily to do a u turn on the 8 flats proposal by re-applying to get work units instead? I had always thought change of use was a big thing? Additionally, there is a clear need for affordable housing and the developer had already argued for the first change of use from offices to get the application for 8 flats through?

In short, the developer was allowed to flip flop between changes of use twice over.

Please also note that at the time the second change of use from flats to work units was passed by planning, the second floor was inhabited by two families living in flats. How on earth did Southwark Planning miss that..we evict tenants to make way for offices for which the developer argued hard there is no demand?

• 7 months later...

I dug around and remembered this. Does this have any bearing on the M&S desire to open earlier? Perhaps James Barber would know?

James Barber Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Marks and Sparks have also made a licensing

> application.

> they wish to sell alcohol 6am-midnight 7 days a

> week.

>

> BUT the site only has planing permission to

> operate as a shop Mon-Sat 7am-10pm & 10am-6pm

> Sundays and Bank holidays.

>

> You can see the application here -

> http://app.southwark.gov.uk/licensing/LicPremisesA

> ppliedDetails.asp?systemkey=851512

>

> You can tell council licensing officers by 31

> March 2016 whether you support or oppose such

> opening hours via [email protected] and

> please copy me so I can see how things are going.

Ugh. Reminded of what a farce this whole thing has been.

I wonder if southwark is now too big and complex for the council to manage this sort of thing competently any more and if there should not now be a new independent london borough of dulwich and peckham and the north of the borough can keep the current team in tooley street?

I am though mildly amused by the second response to this thread, almost five years ago to the day...

: M&S planning application to replace Iceland

Posted by first mate 09 May, 2012 08:39

This could have a huge impact on Chesterfield, Ashbourne and Melbourne Grove parking, and not in a good way. The carwash puts enough pressure on the street as it is. If this development goes ahead it'd open things up for the CPZ lobby all over again.

The other point is for a large shop like M&S where is the loading on and off lorries going to happen and what are the access points? Iceland juggernauts already cause enough of a problem; resident walls as well as cars have been badly damaged over the years.

The development looks to be huge too. If there are any architects around could they say how much higher than the existing structure the proposed development is?

Abe_froeman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ugh. Reminded of what a farce this whole thing has

> been.

>

> I wonder if southwark is now too big and complex

> for the council to manage this sort of thing

> competently any more and if there should not now

> be a new independent london borough of dulwich and

> peckham and the north of the borough can keep the

> current team in tooley street?

Pre 1965, there was a Borough of Camberwell which consisted of Dulwich, Peckham and Camberwell with the town hall in Peckham Road, which was Southwark's town hall until they moved to Tooley Street.

Sadly too many vested interests in big government. Also the local Labour party prefer big centralised local government. Hence removal of almost all the powers that had been devolved, such as local planning decisions, from the Dulwich Community Councils.