Revised new - M&S planning application to replace Iceland..

Does anyone have any helpful insight as to why acknowledgments to comments for the application are taking so long to come through and also why no additional "Neighbour consulation replies" are appearing on the website?

So far only 3 "in favour" of the application are showing yet I know there are more comments submitted...

James Barber Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Please do submit views for or against the latest

> planning application for this site.

> A small request please copy me as a ward

> councillor on any email submissions so I can check

> I haven't missed anything I should have raised.

Being disingenuous again, JB! Asking people to copy you in on emails to the planning dept is applying unnecessary pressure on planning officers when they see councillors copied in. If you are such a caring and diligent local representative then you should ask to have emails forwarded to you, not copied. I wonder what the scrutiny committee will make of this latest attempt of yours.

unlurked Wrote:

> James Barber Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Please do submit views for or against the latest

> > planning application for this site.

> > A small request please copy me as a ward

> > councillor on any email submissions so I can

> check

> > I haven't missed anything I should have raised.

>

> Being disingenuous again, JB! Asking people to

> copy you in on emails to the planning dept is

> applying unnecessary pressure on planning officers

> when they see councillors copied in. If you are

> such a caring and diligent local representative

> then you should ask to have emails forwarded to

> you, not copied. I wonder what the scrutiny

> committee will make of this latest attempt of

> yours.

You don't really think that planners are such wimps that seeing emails copied to JB will scare them do you? I would be very worried indeed if they were. JB is a relatively gentle individual compared to the average building developer. Copying JB in to an email is considerably more open to scrutiny, and far preferable, than blind copying or forwarding the email.

So far as I can tell, JB didn't ask that he be placed THREATENINGLY in copy of e-mails; only that he be placed in copy. Blind copy, no threat. Forwarded, no threat.

I don't think that JB has been disingenuous. But then again, I'm disposed to think favourably of him. He sorted out the lights display at the entrance to East Dulwich railway station, and that display, newly repaired and colourised, has rejoiced me over and over again.

Best just to ignore Unlurked John. He has some petty axe to grind against James Barber and does so, with the repetitivity of an unloved season, across the threads. There are always a couple in every constituency.

milk76 Wrote:

> Best just to ignore Unlurked John. He has some

> petty axe to grind against James Barber and does

> so, with the repetitivity of an unloved season,

> across the threads. There are always a couple in

> every constituency.

'milk', your only interest in this is your selfish retail food snobbery rather than any interest or knowledge of planning law, local govt, or democracy let alone local residents concerns as can be seen from this ignorant post of yours

milk76 Wrote:

----------------------------

> Excellent, can't wait. I have been looking

> forward to an M&S for over a decade now.

You are just sour milk, well off.

KK,

Think consultation has been extended by a day- so last day tomorrow. It turns out that many residents in Chesterfield have not received a letter from the council and so were oblivious to the most recent application. Overall this does not look reflect well on the Council.

To be fair, unless a clear instruction to suppress from elected representatives can be found, it reflects poorly on the officials (planning office) rather than the elected representatives (which is what we normally think of when we say 'The Council'). Councillors (and even those on the planning committee) do not have direct oversight of day-to-day official processes. It is only if a failure to notify can be shown to be a systemic problem that we might expect councillors to be there to take the rap for this - for failure to take this up with officials. (Or if councillors specifially instructed officials to leave people out of the notification process or to truncate the consulation time.)

Penguin68, take your point, by Council I meant Southwark Council Planning Dept- but agree, would have helped if I had clarified. No smear of councillors intended, though would imagine they might be interested to know that residents who will be affected by this development have received no notification at all.

Let's just hope for all the people on Chesterfield that they at least get a fair crack of the whip with regards the same issues as last time. With no major amendments to the actual application it appears to be a drawn out waiting game. As KK points put, it would certainly have been helpful for a large company like M&S to have a public meeting to at least help remedy some of the concerns local residents have, if Picturehouse can do it not sure why M&S can't, just common courtesy really.

Louisa.