Great plumber

I am new to the EDF and registered as I was looking for recommendations for a good plumber to install a new boiler. I found a number of threads mentioning John Powers and gave him a call. I would just like to reiterate all the positive feedback posted about John. He is the kind of tradesman you wish you had working on all your house repairs/improvements. John did a great job, offering sound advice and a good solution for re-routing some gas pipes. He's a really decent, honest chap, charges a really fair price and can be trusted with a set of keys. Both John and Dan were a pleasure to work with. I will definitely use John again for any future plumbing work. His number is 07977 909339

I would definitely reiterate this recommendation for John Power. John and Dan have done a couple of jobs for me since I moved here and I won't use anyone else from now on. They are really friendly, really hard-working, and their prices are so reasonable you feel like you've robbed them. The last time they came to mine they moved one radiator and installed a second one - they gave me the second radiator for free because they had it left over from another job. They're a pleasure to have in the house.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Completely agree with the recommendations above - John and Dan put a new boiler in for us in December and we are very happy with the job. They also came round late last night at the drop of a hat (leaving at gone midnight) to sort out a leaking pipe. Very capable guys who sort things out well at very reasonable rates.

• 2 weeks later...
I got John power's number from edf to supply and fit a new boiler and overall i thought he (and his colleague dan) did an excellent job. He came round the day I spoke to him, always returned my calls and fitted the new boiler within a couple of days. Competitive price as well.

Totally agree with all the positive feedback about John Power.

He is efficient, very friendly, knowledgeable with very fair prices and all in all is a joy to deal with. I've wanted to find a good plumber for ages and he is the one. When delayed by another job he contacted me straight away so I was always informed about timings etc.

I can't recommend him highly enough. Having found his number on the EDF I've felt the need to sign up for an account just to leave this feedback!

I agree with all the positive feedback. He was super and so reasonable. So reassuring to find such a great, local plumber. He was so quick at getting my hot water going again. Will definitely be using him again.

Thanks EDF peeps too for your recommendation!

Another recommendation for John! He did a small job for me at short notice. I was pleased with the quick response, friendly service and reasonable rates. I will definitely use him again in the future.

Yes, John is Gas Safe registered (Corgi has been replaced by this new trade regulation). He used to work for Worcester Bosch so knows his way round a boiler! John is brilliant - I posted a previous recommendation as I was so pleased with his service and price for installing a new boiler and re-routing some gas pipes for me back in May.

Just got John in off the back of these glowing recommendations and have to say he lived up to the rep. Came to see me on the same day, reasonably priced, fast and jolly with it. What a nice chap. I would certainly be happy to recommend him. Fitted a new fan in my cronky old boiler, full service and got cert of gas safety (Gasafe). All done quickly and tidily.

May I ask all you newly registered posters,did John ask you to post on here? He may be as good as you say he is but a lot of older posters would not pay attention to someone posting a recommendation as their first post. In fact some would be highly suspicious, which is a shame if the posts are genuine. But you can understand why as there have been many fake posters here in the past.

I am not a new poster. I found John Power via the forum and he did a good job for me. He asked me if I was happy with his work to say so on the forum which is perfectly reasonable in my view, since this is how we find good tradespeople and they get work. Please PM me if you have any doubts about the veracity of this post.

Alan Medic - I don't quite understand what you are trying to say? Are you implying anyone who posts for the first time should have their recommendation ignored because they haven't posted before? I needed a good plumber to install a new boiler and so searched through the EDF. John's name came up many times with excellent reviews so I contacted him for a quote and subsequently asked him to do the job. I posted a recommendation because I was so pleased with his work - isn't that the point of the EDF? Just look back through this trail, numerous people are genuinely recommending John. Your thread implies people should be suspicious of first time posters as we may be giving fake recommendations.

It could be construed from your post that you are doubting John's reputation which if true, is highly irregular. Just re-read all the posts and it is obvious John is an excellent plumber who gets so many positive comments because his clients are so pleased with his work. I would be willing to vouch for John if anyone wanted to speak to me. They should just PM me and I will give them my number.

hendricks, what Amanda/Pete said. Fake recommendations do happen. I don't doubt John now but if it wasn't for the response to my post here, I might have. So in a small way I may have done him a favour as there are plenty more out there who would have thought the way I did. That's why I asked if he had asked people to post here, which he did I now know.

I do wonder though that if he is mentioned so many times elsewhere on the forum,why not add to a thread already in existence instead of starting a new one?

Alan Medic - I was new to the forum so just posted a new recommendation, unaware if there was any kind of etiquette for adding to existing threads. Having been on the forum a few months now I know that users do both. You'll also be aware that old posts get removed so tradesmen are dependent on new ones being added. None of the original threads for John that I read earlier in the year when I was looking for a plumber are on the site anymore but new ones are. If you are looking for a good plumber you now know you'll not be disappointed if you engage John!

Hello. It seems that my positive post on Friday was deemed fake by an EDF subscriber. I also though submitting a recommendation was the whole point of EDF and a comment suggesting otherwise with no grounds is disappointing and potentially damaging (which is a real shame). I'm a 35 year old woman based in Forest Hill, I work for the BBC and have no vested interest in a local plumbing business believe it or not (PM me if I need to provide further evidence). John did not ask me to post anything but as I had found EDF useful myself, I thought it appropriate to give my own feedback.

Such a shame that the thread for an excellent plumber had to take this turn. That was actually my first ever post of EDF as I'm usually just searching for tradesman. I've now been put off posting feedback again. For the record my good review of John still stands.

I've been on EDF for several years now and used it to search for local, recommended tradesmen. I found John on here about 18 months ago when I needed a boiler fitting. He was efficient and reasonably priced. I have always called him for jobs since and post a recommendation each time. Hopefully the responses here clarify that the posts are genuine. It's a shame that previous experiences of other posts have created the need to check but feel free to PM for clarification on my posts

Archived