Parking Ticket - Loading

Elfy

He sounds as if he would be entitled to a blue badge.

Pugwash Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I will have to 'unload' a person with a rollator

> frame in the next couple of days, in order that

> they can attend their dentist. this will be in

> Lordship lane. He cannot use public transport and

> just about able to get in a car. I hope that I can

> stop a few yards from the Post Office area for a

> few minutes. We have arranged that since his

> appointment could be anything from 15 minutes - 45

> minutes that I return home and he will ring me

> when free.

Unfortunately he does not qualify for a Blue badge as with his rollator he can walk a short distance. Also his mobility is caused by OA and he is awaiting a hip replacement - so classed as a temporary condition. He is not in receipt of Attendance Allowance or any other mobility/health related benefits.

I was lucky as there was a space outside Barclays and he could walk the few yards to the dentist.

Hopefully you'll be lucky - I had exactly the same problem taking bags to the charity shop from the same place a while ago. Luckily I was able to send extracts from my dash cam to show when I arrived and left and the fine was cancelled. (I was told that I should have left e.g. the boot open to show I was "loading" like lorries do - I did point out having to leave a car unsecured seemed like a high price to pay for using a bay for the intended use!)

Decisions don't bind a court or tribunal at the same level. The decision of one magistrates court does not bind another although it may have persuasive power.

Decisions by a more senior tribunal or an appeal court bind lower courts.

Although you were appealing the ticket, you were applying to the lowest level tribunal (ie it was a first court case). Their decision was not bound by decisions by other tribunals at that level but they would be bound by a more senior tribunal.

worldwiser Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I appealed a bus lane offence once citing a

> previously successful appeal in the same

> circumstances. The adjudicator dismissed my appeal

> because he disagreed with that judgement.

> Essentially I learned that appeals seem not to

> form part of case law and set no precedent.

Can I see see the judgement in your case? The link will do.