Whats the best sling for hands free breastfeeding?

You might try a ring sling. Look for a ring sling with and open tail (the bit of fabric that hangs through the ring). Also, if your baby is still small avoid ring slings with padded sides. Padded sides are really to provide additional support for older babies and may get in the way of you being able to position your infant correctly for breasfeeding.

Don't try to test run the sling when you need to feed or get out the door in 5 min! It may take a few goes to get your little one comfy and in a good position. My daughter was very long, and I still managed to feed her in a ring sling.

I think there is a sling library where you can try different styles. I don't have the details, but I'm sure another Forumite will.

Good luck :)

I bf with the baby bjorn by adjusting the straps to be a bit lopsided when I needed to. A friend of mine bf with the ergo, which has a hood too so a bit more privacy.

Sling library sounds good, my sister borrowed a few before settling on the one that she liked, will ask her if she has details still

I would definitely try a few out, as I think it depends on your body/boob shape, as well as your baby's shape and length.

I managed a couple of times using the bjorn, but had much greater success with the beco gemini. I bf once while getting off a train at Euston, then on a bus all the way home without anyone being any the wiser!

I got a BabaSling from Jojo Maman Bebe when my wee one was 5 months and I wish I'd got it earlier because it's great, and I was able to breastfeed him in it hands free (for a couple of weeks before he outgrew it).

I still use it a lot as it's really easy to get him in and out of it if I need to carry him (he's getting quite heavy now).

After getting a Beco Gemini (which I also love), it seemed a very bargainous ?40.

http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+babasling-baby-carriers-in+B7665