Houses selling in ED?

Dull but very nice Welling - great train connections to Victoria/Charing Cross 35mins and I believe local schools are good, particularly grammar schools in nearby Bexleyheath not that I have children. Prices around half of ED like for like. Victorian 3 bed terrace 350-400. Very little anti-social behaviour as well - but very Brexitty I'm afraid. A lot of mainland Chinese are buying/renting in the area as it is 'cheap' compared to central London. 3 supermarkets within walking distance Morrisons/Lidl/Tescos and 'proper' shops selling real stuff that you need. The mix is white working-class tradesmen / asian aspirationals/ a few downsizers cashing in on prime London. Lovely Danson Park nearby and you're on the A2 and out into Kent within minutes. No mashed avocado breakfasts or artisan bread/coffee yet though.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62307888.html

Thanks - we considered Welling when we were looking to buy our first place in 2016. The prices may have been even cheaper back then - but after viewing couple places and exploring the area for sometime, we realized it was not for me. I am neither white tradesman nor Asian aspirational though. It also felt that Welling was still trying to shake off some of its past (BNP HQ was there until 1995) but things must have changed much since then.

It just didn't feel right back then - although a big 3 bed semi would be a more future-proof option for my family compared to a more expensive yet smaller maisonette on the cusp of Dulwich that we ended up buying. No regrets whatsoever though - and I'm not even that much into coffee and avocado. It's the feel of the place and area, which is quite individual.

Just to link it back to the topic - people do end up buying around Dulwich, even though it is expensive and places are smaller etc because, just like in our case, it feels right and they can imagine living and belonging here. As long as it holds true, the demand will be there and the prices, although will some inevitable moderation due to Brexit and slowing economy, will not plummet.

Bang on ED is one old school / poorer person out - a richer, relatively cashed-up gentrifier in. It's only going one way in the end. An 'investment' here is probably safe as it gets relative to the overall Uk property market as it gets.