Popular group activities for 3-4 year olds?

We've just moved to East Dulwich and I've been happy to find EDtots for activities. I've taken my 3.5 year old daughter to a few of the drop-in groups, which were great, but most of the little attendees were 2 and under (though these were for 5 and under drop-in groups). I was wondering if anyone can offer suggestions for group activities for a 3-4 year old, where there are likely to be many others in that age group? We don't have a car, so I'd like to stay fairly close to East Dulwich. Thanks for any suggestions!

The library usually has a copy of Family Magazine, which lists lots of activities. The library also usually runs some sessions. Look into children's centre. Ivydale school has a children's centre which runs daily activities. Not sure what is close to you but most of the parks have a club (but you will need to check dates and opening times)

Hi! I've noticed the same. I have a son 3.5 too. I wonder if it is because many 3 year olds do the 1/2 day at nursery and then don't do activities in the other half of the day? My son does two days at pre-school so has 3 full days looking for things to do. I'm at work now, so it is our nanny that takes them to activities. I think she has found the soft play at the Herne has a mix of ages? On a Wed, think there is an AM and PM session (though they're on a break for a few weeks now).

We did the Chaos art club which was fab and he was the youngest at around age 3. But I'm not sure what times they're running this now. You could call Stephanie to ask: http://www.chaosartclub.co.uk/index2.htm

The Peckham one o'clock club also usually has a wide range of age groups.

My daughter is 4 and goes to morning nursery at school. The two activities that we enjoy in the afternoon are Diddi Dance (Tues 2pm) and gymnastics (in Beckenham, 2pm on Mondays). Other than that we have struggled to find age appropriate activities.

We go to Dulwich Library on Thursdays quite a bit for the baby and toddler sessions they run 1.30 to 3pm and in the morning to but unsure of the time. There is normally a good range of babies and all ages upto around 4 some days. My daughter is 3.5 nearly, I struggle to find things to do with her too, local to Dulwich.

I was thinking, since others have found it hard to find activities specific to 3-4 year olds, I'd be happy to start a playgroup of some sort, maybe with some structured activities or a theme. And I'd be happy to host. Just let me know if anyone is interested :)

I love the idea of the outdoor playgroups (i.e. the forest one in Cox's walk and the wooden circle one) but they're all a bit far afield for our nanny to try to get there with two kids (I also have a 16 m.o.). My son loves looking for sticks and treasures in the woods in Peckham park, for example. I'm limited in how much I can contribute as I'm at work but happy to encourage my boys and our nanny to participate! They are free Wed-Fri as he is at pre-school Mon-Tue.

The other thing is whether Stephanie from Chaos Art Club would put on an extra class for 3-4 year olds if enough of us could commit to a term. I can't say enough about her classes - really far and above any of the other group activities we have joined in terms of the prep time she put into the classes, quality of materials, etc. My son loved it.

Are any of the other "at odds" 3-4 year olds likely/hopefully going to be starting reception at Goodrich in Sept 2013? I'd love to get my son to know a few people in advance as hopefully he will get in there.

Alieh, my daughter loves to look for bugs with her bug catcher so I'm sure she'd also like looking for sticks and treasures in the woods. Maybe we could meet up with your nanny and kids next week? Wednesday would be good for us, if the weather is nice. We could meet in the park. And we'd be happy to meet up with any other 3-4 year old kids as well to try to get a little activity playgroup going. And an art class for this age group would be great too. Our daughter will take Stephanie's summer camp class later this month, so maybe I'll ask her then.

Hello,

I'd love to join you if you are meeting. I have a 3.5 year old son who goes to nursery tues and weds, but monday or friday afternoons would be great if that is convenient for anyone else. Also a 4.5 month old baby, but he'll be happy to come along for the ride and watch the big kids!

I'd love to be involved. Have a 3.5 yr old who will be with me Mondays and Tuesdays from the beginning of August. I know those days don't fit with everyone else's but we could alternate. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find things to do that work with toddler and v active 9 month old. Might start diddi dance but forsee problems with baby trying to escape etc. Daughter is shy initially but enjoys park visits etc so much more when it's not just me and her brother there.

Friday is good for us, but the weather forecast is not looking so great. Can anyone think of any indoor fun? Today we're going to the Dulwich Library "bear picnic." It's from 10:30-12 in the library garden (in the back). The leaflet says there will be singing, crafts, stories, and a bear hunt. It also says to bring a teddy bear and a food item. If anyone would like to try to meet up with us, send me a message :)

Leigh

I am only just now realising that this is the last week for my son's nursery for the summer and now we'll need to fill 5 days/week with a bored 3.5 year old. Help!

Is the Chaos Art Club summer camp on in East Dulwich do you know or just the Beckenham location?

Any other tips?

Can we get a little 3-5 year old playgroup going somehow? We can now do any day of the week though mornings are better as toddler younger brother naps 12:30-3:00.