Olympics with a toddler?

To report back on our trip! We took a 3 and 1 yr old, a double buggy (p&t), and 4 bags and assorted jumpers/coats with us. Everything was great - having a buggy meant we jumped queues, zoomed along fast lanes and managed to go against the London Bridge tedious one way system on the way home as needed to get the lift etc. We had an early start and were at London Bridge for 7.30am but it wasn't busy and the tube to Stratford easy - we fitted on fine with unfolded buggy. Really the only pain was when we dumped the buggy at the store and had to walk round to the other side of the Riverside stadium carrying a hefty 12 kg 17m old and a belligerent 3 yr old!

The park was all v busy by lunchtime - not many places left to sit and eat, and we were pretty tired after all the walking. Trip home fine too - empty tube from Stratford and London Bridge all ok at 4pm.

Going back next week without the babes - I think I might take the buggy anyway to carry bags and get us in the fast lanes!

ah thats great to hear snowboarder!! as i didnt want to sling her as shes just so much more comfy in her pram and will prob sleep for longer too! i was a bit scared of buggy in crowds but im very excited now!

nabz x

We went for volleyball in Earl's court and decided to go to the second game as our toddler just would not sit still for 2+ hours. I packed a new magazine with crayons, small books and a snack. We also went for a run outside the arena. As we arrived when the majority of people had gone through it was utterly painless and quick. The only thing is it's important to pick up your tickets in advance. Poor hubby queued for 2 hours in Olympic village 2 days before.

One further question for those who went to the basketball arena. We want to take our travel booster seat - one of those classic black ones with the brown, red and black spots and straps. Would the seats in the arena take such a booster seat and could it be strapped on? I can't see it falling foul of security because it turns into a bag. Thanks in advance.

Er, I can't really remember the seats themselves so well, but I think it would be okay. It's not like they're fold up seats. The seating gradient is very steep, so from the point of view of seeing out, you probably won't need it...

You could take one of those pre-prepared cartons or bottles of formula (about 200ml). We did that for our daughter even though she's been on cow's milk for over 6 months now. If you're not keen on that then any coffee outlet will fill a beaker or bottle for you for about a ?1 but the queues may be long!

Oopse, sorry uptime, I was just looking through my photos of our trip and realise that the seats are the sort that flip up after all! In case you haven't yet been, so can see the seats in one of my photos so pm me if this info is still any use to you.