NEW Food Bank Collection on Lordship Lane

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon.

I'm delighted to confirm that Goose Green Mutual Aid will be continuing its weekly foodbank donation point at Oru Space (https://www.oruspace.co/) until the end of July 2020.

From the 15th June, we will be changing the time of the donation point, so from then, donations are welcome between *13:00 and 15:00*. This is to allow Oru to reopen as a co-working space in a safe and socially distant way.

Oru won't be able to accept donations outside of this time, I'm afraid, but we would welcome any donations outside of these hours to be made either at the Albrighton Centre's Community Fridge or on Friern Road, outside St Clement with St Peter, Dulwich.

With the hugest thanks for your support so far - over the past 8 or so weeks, we've been able to donate over 200 boxes of food and toiletries for distribution all over the borough <3

Edit: just to say, if anyone would like to sign up to help manage donations, you can do so here :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oWsYysnZ7ILRJWZ1LujWiNpv8KSDCCEQJxSM-kqlTVw/edit?usp=sharing

Annie5 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi everyone

>

> Does anyone know if Oru Space is still taking

> donations? If so, what times / days they are

> open?

>

> Many thanks

Annie - as above, every Monday until the end of July, between 1 and 3pm.

St Clement with St Peter's church on Friern Road are still taking food bank donations.

The attached photo shows the latest generous collection from the community. We'll be taking it along to Southwark Foodbank tomorrow.

You can leave your donations at any time in the box outside the church. Check out @sclementwspeter for updates.

Thank you so much everyone!

[stclementwithstpeter.btck.co.uk]

Thought I would dip in at this point as there has been some conversation about Albrighton in this thread. Please, if you do know anyone locally who is in need of food, irrespective of their personal circumstances, we are continuing to offer our walk in Community Fridge service, now open 5 days a week, Monday to Friday from 1pm to 4pm, for those who are able to get to us. For those not able to we are also offering a delivery service. Those signed up for deliveries receive two deliveries per week if required. To help us negotiate the minefield of dietary, cultural, and religious requirements, personal preferences, and cooking arrangements. We make contact on the day of delivery, prior to dispatch to check what items are needed and provide a tailored food box. It is slightly more time consuming to administer, but helps cut waste (and cost) by not sending people foods they would never eat. Food boxes include, toiletries, household cleaning products, personal care products, nappies and baby products, and sanitary products as needed. For those newly accessing the service, we aim to deliver on the day we are contacted, as we appreciate that so many people are in very desperate situations.

• 3 weeks later...

Not to take away from this at all but just to mention the Albrighton Centre also desperately need donations of food as they are supporting many hard up individuals and families through this time. They are based on the Dog Kennel Hill estate and you can drop off any time.

Thanks