dbboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So, what's it to you where he is or what he's

> doing, he's possibly still recovering, enjoying

> being a father supporting his partner, oh and

> don't forget it's a bank holiday weekend, so maybe

> he's at Chequers this weekend. Is that OK with

> you?

Good point, wish I had thought of all that, let me send Covid-19 a memo to take the bank holiday weekend off...

seenbeen Wrote:

> ?Clearly if you have adults who are unable to look

> after a small child, that is an exceptional

> circumstance,? she said.

Well it's certainly exceptional to be unable to look after a child yet clearly be able to drive a car 250+ miles on a 5+ hour journey.

> I'm sure Boris will appear to talk to us about

> something soon. This is like when he didn't visit

> flood areas...the people who lived there didn't

> care as he is not an expert on floods

I hear he's been spotted at Currys...

Any defense of Cummings here is clutching at straws. He is a hypocrite, and those defending him are also hypocrites. He is a highly paid government official. He could have paid for his child to be transported anywhere. And he didn't just merely go and drop the child off. He was seen playing with the child in his parent's back garden. He did all this knowing he had the virus. Not only did he break the rules, he put his parents at risk. This is a man that sits in on SAGE meetings for goodness sake. He is a control freak and Johnson is so reliant on him that he can not get rid of him. You have to ask, just who is the real PM?

Brilliantly played by the media.

They allowed all the government to come up with excuses as to why Cummings was in Durham.

Then release that he did it agin 2 weeks later for the Sundays. Well Played.

Yes and another story of a day out emerging too. Cummings still won't go unless pushed though and personally, I don't think Johnson has the balls to fire him. So be it on his head when the opposition play this for all it is worth.

diable rouge Wrote:

> It's also a big gamble by ministers to publicly back Cummings

> today, because if there's more to come out in the

> following days it would bring the Gov down...

And here's the list of those that did and didn't. Johnson in the No camp, so hiding in fridges has it's uses, who knew!...

EYuI_esXYAEEm8H?format=png&name=900x900

You're being plain daft with such a comment

diable rouge Wrote:

> dbboy Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > So, what's it to you where he is or what he's

> > doing, he's possibly still recovering, enjoying

> > being a father supporting his partner, oh and

> > don't forget it's a bank holiday weekend, so

> maybe

> > he's at Chequers this weekend. Is that OK with

> > you?

>

> Good point, wish I had thought of all that, let me

> send Covid-19 a memo to take the bank holiday

> weekend off...

Have you got nothing better to do all day and making snide comments,

diable rouge Wrote:

> diable rouge Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > It's also a big gamble by ministers to publicly

> back Cummings

> > today, because if there's more to come out in

> the

> > following days it would bring the Gov down...

>

> And here's the list of those that did and didn't.

> Johnson in the No camp, so hiding in fridges has

> it's uses, who knew!...

>

> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EYuI_esXYAEEm8H?format

> =png&name=900x900

It?s all getting a bit Animal Farm

So it?s hardly surprising that people are not following the rules, because you have a government who themselves won?t follow the guidelines. Johnson has a track record of doing what the f he wants, leaning into the boundaries of what?s right and wrong, he?s surrounded himself with similar enabling people.

It?s similar across the pond, only we?re a bit more Dads Army about it, look at track & trace, it?s miles too late and still chaotic.

And where?s the R rate right now?

I went to the post office on the 14th April because I needed a proof of posting. I was appalled at the lack of social distancing and the pavements were more crammed than on a Saturday....so yet again the Reds of ED are ONLY picking out the Tories- let me remind you that Boris has an 80 seat majority....he has done Brexit....and the whole world is in the midst of a pandemic because of the dishonesty of China and the collusion of the WHO....btw- the brilliant film Contagion is on Netflix- I suggest you all watch it and be grateful that covid 19 is not worse than it is....

".he has done Brexit." well - we are out of the EU legally

But we aren't in practice because we are in an extendted transition. A transition which will need to be extended again by at least 1 year

beacuse a) brexit was and remains a ludicrous idea in practice and b) should he decline an extension he will be responsible for the break up of the UK, damage british countries for at least a decade and in the middle of a pandemeic likely cause the deaths of many more people unnecessarily as supply chains get knocked to smithereens. He has already thrown NI unionists under the bus - fishermen and farmers are next

YOu can remind me of his majority all you like but he was up against Corbyn so what could anyone expect. And just a reminder that Blair and his involvement in Iraq was widely condemned afterwards but was supported by 2/3rds of the country for a while - so quoting maths and majorities is meaningless when faced with a changing world

Sephiroth Wrote:

> a) brexit was and remains a ludicrous idea

> in practice

Ah yes, the 'oven ready' Brexit that is currently festering away

> and b) should he decline an extension

> he will be responsible for the break up of the UK,

Even with an extension and subsequent deal, there will still have to be a border based on what was signed up to last year, so the break-up of the UK, and in particular a future united Ireland, is looking very likely...

I was surprised by yesterday's organised cabinet campaign to big-up Dom. Why go to such lengths and potentially put the brakes on your own career, for someone who is generally not liked and is no more than an unelected advisor. Of course he was a key part of the leave campaign and Johnson's election, but he's still very easily expendable, especially to someone like Johnson who doesn't do loyalty.

Sooooooo, it does rather beg the questions that conservative writer Peter Oborne is now asking...

This political crisis is no longer about the wretched Cummings. It is about Johnson and, in particular, why the prime minister hasn't sacked him. Is it because he knew Cummings was going to Durham, gave the green light, and therefore authorised a breach of the lockdown rules?

If so, it's a big deal, a really big deal...

Been reading comments in the Sun

Over 50% Cummings out

A few saying great lockdown is over

Or that Covid-19 a hoax

Or that this is just romoaners, they lost, Boris and Dom to lead us to the sunlit uplands

Interesting measure of popular opinion

With regards to the Tweet the investigation will be like Murder on the Orient Express, but rather than a dozen assassins all with good cause there will be 10,000s of suspects.