Royal Mail delivery

Completely agree, Sue. And as an update, that replacement item, despatched by the seller on 9 December, arrived at lunchtime today - but that was all that arrived. That confirmed that the most recent mail is getting through, but who knows when or if the older items will turn up. So I?m now trying to decide what to do to ensure that friends and family do somehow get presents from me. Buying everything twice is not really an option!

I've hit a brick wall with a parcel I am expecting. I had a red card though the door, sorry we missed you but...With the 'other' box ticked so I have no idea why it wasn't just left.

I booked a redelivery and had confirmation. However, said parcel was a no show on the booked day.

Now the reference number doesn't work, so I guess it's been ticked off somewhere and forgotten?

I've looked but can find no help unless the reference number is active. Stuck!

I was surprised to receive a phone call yesterday, Monday, in response to a letter I'd only posted in a pillarbox in the street on Saturday morning. My letter would have been collected at 7am on Saturday, yet it was delivered to the rural address near Guildford on Monday - I'd only put a second class stamp on it!

It just shows that some delivery offices are still operating an excellent service on a par with the one we were used to before our excellent East Dulwich Delivery Office in Silvester Rd was taken away from us.

kiera Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I was surprised to receive a phone call yesterday,

> Monday, in response to a letter I'd only posted in

> a pillarbox in the street on Saturday morning. My

> letter would have been collected at 7am on

> Saturday, yet it was delivered to the rural

> address near Guildford on Monday - I'd only put a

> second class stamp on it!

> It just shows that some delivery offices are

> still operating an excellent service on a par with

> the one we were used to before our excellent East

> Dulwich Delivery Office in Silvester Rd was taken

> away from us.

Yes, lots of areas of the country have a good postal service. Unfortunately East Dulwich isn't one of them ... it has been dire for maybe 4-5 years now.

The outward post seems OK, but the deliveries coming in here are really bad again. We haven't had any post for days. Surely someone's sent me a card.

Sue and Marjoram are completely right, but nothing seems to help. I can't remember how many organisations concerned with the issue I complained to last year when it was obvious the post had completely jammed up, and did any of them have the courtesy to reply, let alone help? Guess.

Helen Hayes is the only person who seems to have tried,

James_C Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Has anybody else received post this week?

Not even a bill since last Wednesday. Expecting stuff as well.

Dreading when they do try and deliver it no one will be home and it will all end up back at the Sorting Office.

I think to say that ED has a poor service is wrong. Different parts of this area are having different levels of service. I know some say it is poor where they live (but don't say which street, etc.) so it is hard to see whether it is every bit of the postcode area or just some. I have had good service for months, but had poor service for weeks about a year ago.

Another delivery today of remaining packages sent last week.

Incidentally I got an email from the Royal Mail today acknowledging the issues they current have.

Services in the East Dulwich (SE22) postcode area

We're sorry to advise that you may experience disruption to deliveries in parts of the SE22 postcode area due to resourcing issues at the East Dulwich Delivery Office.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

We'll be back in touch to let you know when resourcing issues have improved.

As I've said before, most (but not all) walks in ED are covered by permanent staff, but some rely on overtime and 'cover' staff. When permanent staff are ill, on holiday or taking rest days their walks are frequently not covered - as the Peckham DO has absolutely no slack. With Covid sickness levels are high(er) than normal, so walks are more frequently uncovered. Hence some residents get occasional poor service, and some (on uncovered walks) regular poor service. With more DOs (before a number including 'our own' were closed) there was more slack to be taken up when staffing cover was down.

Have to attend work next week as essential worker also clinically vulnerable. Ordered FPP3 masks guaranteed delivery today for an extra fee. Whilst sitting in front room. Royal Mail put card through the door - no knock. No attempt to deliver. Furious.

Message on my road's What'sApp group:

Just spoken to a poor harassed looking postman. The only thing they are delivering are Covid tests as they have to be delivered next day. Otherwise everything else is backed up and he?s no idea if there will be anything before Christmas.

ETA: Ulverscroft Road.