Palestinian lives matter

Chick
Message added by Administrator,

This is a highly emotive topic. Please debate respectfully. Avoid making provocative statements, personal attacks and accusations against other forum members. 

You will be restricted from posting in this topic if you fail to abide by this.

Sorry but I ask you again, who is the government of Gaza? It is Hamas. Have they made any effort to procure vaccine? Either by direct ordering, asking for help from neighbours or aid organisations? While there is much to criticise Israel for, given that they ARE vaccinating Palestinians that come under Israeli healthcare, you are bending the truth.

I refer you to the Amnesty report above.

Have you nothing to say about the West Bank?

Isn't there a bit of a blockade, air sea and road, imposed on Gaza? I refer you to this report:

https://actionnetwork.org/forms/american-jews-demand-the-israeli-government-ensures-that-all-palestinians-have-access-to-a-covid-vaccine?source=facebook&&fbclid=IwAR1ZSxqmmQNn5urOYuSBMoNKoPxwfE46nofgMjziDtQjGCze1Ri7tktWatM

Nuff said.

Quite KK. If Hamas started putting the welfare of the people they govern first over ideological hatred then maybe the vaccine would get to their people at the same rate as the rest of the world. But no-one ever wants to discuss the role of Hamas in any of this.

Edited to add, that there are going to be many examples of wealthier countries getting vaccines first, while poorer countries wait. That is the context in which to have this conversation, over singling out Israel.

• 2 weeks later...

The BBC?s World at One ran an article today about how Israel was leading the world on C19 vaccinations but failed to mention that no one in the West Bank or in Gaza has been vaccinated. These territories are under Israeli occupation and Israel has a duty of care to these citizens and is wilfully ignoring this duty. But this wasn't mentioned. Any one listening to this programme would not be made aware of this, so the BBC is guilty of censorship by omission.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israel-palestine-coronavirus-vaccine-b1784474.html

I have to concede you have a point.

Blah Blah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry but I ask you again, who is the government

> of Gaza? It is Hamas. Have they made any effort to

> procure vaccine? Either by direct ordering, asking

> for help from neighbours or aid organisations?

> While there is much to criticise Israel for, given

> that they ARE vaccinating Palestinians that come

> under Israeli healthcare, you are bending the

> truth.

• 3 weeks later...

???? Wrote:

> Why don?t you ever post about repressive and

> disgusting regimes in Russia, Cuba, Venezuela,

> Iran, Syria? Like many you seen Very selective in

> your choice of criticism. I wonder why that is?

You are quite right, those states are reprehensible. Their human rights violations are well documented and in the news, look at Burma last week and this week.

The human rights violations of the state of Israel, the IDF and right wing settlers in the Occupied Palestinian Territories are often ignored or just glanced over. Hope that answers your question.

Chick

???? Wrote:

> Why don?t you ever post about repressive and

> disgusting regimes in Russia, Cuba, Venezuela,

> Iran, Syria? Like many you seen Very selective in

> your choice of criticism. I wonder why that is?

Chick is entitled to post about whichever repressive regime (s)he wants to post about. People are perfectly entitled to devote their focus/ energies to highlighting particular ones without an assumption that there's any underlying prejudice because they haven't mentioned other regimes. Don't understand your criticism.

HP

Assume you mean either 'HP, was not criticising' or put me (HP) instead of ?????

Anyway - ????'s comment was directed at Chick not at the many.

HP

Peckhampam Wrote:

> HP was not criticising. S/he was posing a question

> and a very valid question as to why so many

> criticise Israel rather than other repressive

> regimes.

siousxiesue Wrote:

> Peckhampam Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > HP was not criticising. S/he was posing a

> question

> > and a very valid question as to why so many

> > criticise israel rahter than other repressive

> > regies.

>

> Whataboutism

New phrase on me (had to look it up). Totally agree siousxiesue!

HP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...