Any Harris Boys parents that can help with this?

So what is the deal with lunch money?? I filled out some forms in the summer for some 'smart money' cards - and one of my sons has been given some kind of ID card that he says is to pay for lunch - but no idea what to do with it! How do you load it with money? Do they take money in to load up card - doesn't that defeat object of not carrying cash?

I'll probably need to try and get into the school early tomorrow to sort it out (only received card Friday and when I got in from work it was too late to call school and ask what you do with it) - now kids are worried they'll do yet another thing wrong as they seem to think they won't accept cash tomorrow.

If anyone can help would be grateful - PMs welcome. Thanks. HJQ

According to this http://www.harrisdulwichboys.org.uk/userfiles/files/LPC%20%205%20April%202011.pdf

It's parentpay but if you haven't got the details to activate an account to pay online

https://www.parentpay.com/Parents/FAQs-for-parent-payment-system/My-childs-school-has-started-using-parentpay-how-do-I-access-my-login-details_7.htm

Your sons should be able to load cash onto their cards via a machine at the school.

I would hope the y7 tutors will ensure that no new pupils fail to get their lunch!

Thanks Fuschia - the forms I filled in at the open evening in May this year were definately for a Nat West Smart account which were supposed to arrive in the post before term began, but I didn't receive any further details.

The one card they have just has their name and the Harris logo - no clue how it is linked to any kind of account. I'll just need to take a detour on my way to work to find out.

Thanks - have found out more now school open but had panic stricken children on a Sunday evening thinking they couldn't pay for their lunch with coins and I wasn't minded to rush out in my pyjamas to buy packed lunch fodder (of course sunday evening is when you think to tell your Mum these things...)

Thanks C'mudge, they seem to be getting on ok... lets discuss over a vino soon.

Forms were for a bank account not for lunch money card but glad you've got it sorted. Feedback fromm son is that queues are long for lunch and some kids miss out because cant get to front before end of lunch. We're going to stay packed lunch I think. Encouraging son to take up issue with school council. Hope the boys are enjoying themselves! They seemed happy this afternoon when I saw them!