A Question of Masks.

DulwichFox

The Express Intern seems to be paraphrasing something she read in the Times

"the Sunday Times has found."

Could be this which seems to be a nice work of fiction (I can only read the setting the scene bit about terraced tea plantations, mutated micro-organisms and shrews scurrying underfoot and bats roosting above and the stench of something or other). The Sunday Times obviously went along too or they just wrote a story around some bare bone facts.

I like the alliteration though which the Express isn't capable of.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/seven-year-covid-trail-revealed-l5vxt7jqp

And if you notice in the pictures - they've given the coronavirus a face.

ianr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> > Seems to of gone very quiet

> > on the subject of a Vaccine.. ??

> > Wonder why that is ?

>

> No mystery. It of gone very Quiet because there

> is nothing notably new for the media to Trumpet.

> Researching and developing and testing vaccines

> tends to be a long and Tedious process. If I were

> inclined to betting on the development that

> occasions the next media Flare-up, I think I'd go

> for an AV drug, or one of the other types of

> antibody treatment.

Either boris or Matt hancock actually said in an update weeks ago that there may never be a vaccine. The first SARS Covid in 2202 led to massive amounts of research being done for a vaccine with no success- Given the mechanism of cell entry by THIS Covid 19 is the same cell receptor i/e the ACE II receptor then from day 1 I personally had absolutely no expectation of one ever!

This is something I flagged early on Seenbeen. SARS viruses are more difficult to develop vaccines for (according to the research so far) for lots of reasons. And one of my gripes has been the failure of governments to convey the complexity of developing vaccines. Nonsense headlines like 'a vaccine by September' were always ridiculous to anyone in the know. Even the Oxford vaccine, lauded last week as 'ahead of the rest', still has a long way in clinical trials to go.

The fact is that most vaccine trials fail to make the grade for wider clinical use. And while it can be argued that investment in vaccine development is reactive, there is no getting away from the fact that irregardless of how much money the world throws at developing a vaccine, it still has to go through all the required trials, which includes the longer term assessment of immunity. That just can not be done six months (or even a year) into the emergence of a new virus. The fastest any vaccine has gone through those trials is five years, and that was pushed with the same urgency.

So it is time we all got used to the idea of a virus that we have no treatment for as yet, but that we can all catch. If any individual wants to play Russian Roulette with that, then go for it. But expecting everyone else to go back to as before, with undue abandon, is unrealistic. Most people I think will comply with the advice on distancing, masks etc. And lives will be saved as a result.

Blah blah, Im sure your expertise will never leave room for you to have critical thinking. When speaking of psuedo viruses in a previous thread, you explained there safety without any mention of previous dangers. You did not deny this when I gave you an example of this not been the case. You may have good intentions but I cannot ignore the danger I feel from people who believe people should only listen without an opinion.

Kk sorry about express, ive never in my life read it, maybe you'd like to give a list of papers that are acceptable for majority of people to relate to. Scientific papers are easier only to people that have been following for years. I have put these up on previos threads around the gainbof function research.

Pp Sorry I am not clear, I am aware of this, it is partly related to a long term health condition.

TE44. Peueudoviruses, as I explained to you, have the RNA instruction that enables them to replicate after invading a host cell, removed. Manipulating a virus in this way before creating vaccines for it makes perfect sense, because you only have to drive an immune response from a vaccine, not actually infect a person with the most dangerous part of the virus.

As for good intentions, what part of pushing conspiracy theories, as you have, and taking an anti-vax stance, as you have, helps anyone? That is not critical thinking, it is wilful muddying of the science and facts. Sending a thread about mask wearing, off on a tangent you feel you will have more success with, is evidence of that. Would you prefer we still had smallpox and polio disabling children? How about HIV and Ebola? You can sneer all you like, but it is not you who will be defeating this or any virus. It will be the experts you seem to think you know better than.

Blah blah Its called choice, you know that old fashioned way where people were allowed to decide what they believed to be best. Its becoming an unusual concept for some. But hey ho so is freedom, responsibility for your own health etc. Listen to me speaking almost like the majority of people have a natural system within where we dont have to spend our life terrified that someone may breathe to close to us. Its a much bigger picture of course when we look at everything outside of ourselves.

Heres a tv interview with Matt Hancock on facemasks couple of days ago.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/Wpfxu5LDVgkk/

We can at least agree on the contrary messaging of the government.

Flat Earthers claim a right to believe what they want too. It doesn't change the fact they are wrong. That is the beauty of science. By it's very nature, it demands the search for truth and absolutes.

Yes we can agree on that Blal blah. The search for truth and absolutes is diverse in cultures religions etc, some may say it is seperate, of opinion but maybe when people believed the world was flat it never made a huge difference immediately to there lives to find out it was, regardless whether they believed it or not. I don't think Ive ever met anyone who thinks that now, but if I did I would have no inclination to change there view, nor argue the right or wrongs. If it effected me personally eg restrictions on movement etc then we are looking at a similiar situation to now. I actually don't feel a lot of what is going on is related to covid. A culture has grown where people are threatened by different views, different truths, to the point of attempting sometimes succeeding in silencing people. Human nature searches for answers trying to make sense or make simpler complex matters. This has at times been done at the sacrafice of nature.

Enjoy the day.

I still believe the modern flat earth hypothesis is a social experiment to see how people react to a contradictory/impossible statement when arguments that seem sensible to some are made for it.

I don't believe Covid-19 is a social experiment.

JohnL Wrote:

> I still believe the modern flat earth hypothesis

> is a social experiment to see how people react to

> a contradictory/impossible statement when

> arguments that seem sensible to some are made for

> it.

>

> I don't believe Covid-19 is a social experiment.

I'm suspicious and

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-it-possible-to-enginee/

Note the article is from 1999. Restriction enzymes have been around since the 1950s

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Sainsbury's are selling single use Masks.

> The Blue Medical type, everyone seems to be

> wearing.

>

> pack of 10 for ?8.00

>

> Foxy

I got some of those and put them on with the blue side to my face as I was seeing people with white side out around me and I didn't read the instructions. After an hour or so my nose was running and tingling and my face was itching and I thought I'd got the virus....

So.. From tomorrow.

You can sit in a Pub with others drinking for hours without a Mask.

You can sit in a Restaurant with others Eating/Drinking for Hours without a Mask.

But if you Pop into the same Restaurant for a Takeaway you Have to wear a mask...

...and if you don't you could be fined ?100.

Ok .. You cannot Eat and Drink whilst wearing a mask. but in reality if there is a risk

of passing on the virus by popping in to pick up a Takeaway.. then Pubs and Restaurants should not be open.

Foxy

I went for my first drink in a pub yesterday. (sunday lunch) at The EDT.

I was served at my table by a member of staff.

A different member of staff was pouring the drinks..

Hand Sanitiser was everywhere.

I sat at a table (initially on my own) which was reserved for a large group of people.

People I would normally sit with.

I was shocked to see theses people all Hand Shaking... Hugging and Kissing. (even lip kissing)

It was like is was a Blatant display of Defiance of the Virus.. as if it just did not exist..

Crazy or not ??

Foxy

DF - Aren't they basically in a group that if one of them catches it they all can be assumed to (is it still 6 maximum or is it more). The danger is how likely someone outside the group is likely to catch it.

If you're on your own can't you have your own reserved table ?

JohnL Wrote:

> DF - Aren't they basically in a group that if one

> of them catches it they all can be assumed to (is

> it still 6 maximum or is it more). The danger is

> how likely someone outside the group is likely to

> catch it.

>

> If you're on your own can't you have your own

> reserved table ?

There were 3 tables reserved. as usual. I was at one of the end tables near the door on my own.

but was sitting next to the group of who I know and would normally join pre covid.

Foxy