Taxi firms with baby car seats - Rye Cars

mooncake

I've been meaning to write a post on this for ages - after a terrible experience with Linkways in Honor Oak, we recently tried Rye Cars for a couple of journeys and were so impressed with them I wanted to recommend to others.

Their drivers were on time / early, incredibly polite and honest - I paid one driver ?10 too much as I'd misheard the price and he gave it straight back to me without a second thought. Their cars were also very clean and the price good, even for a night time pick up from central London. The only thing was that we had to fix the baby seat in ourselves as I don't think the driver really knew how to do it, but that was fine by us. We will definitely be using them again!

We ve had mixed experiences with Rye cars, including a no show for an airport run and no car seats also for an airport run despite having pre-booked and confirmed 4 hours before. Their drivers are lovely though so we ended up using them again. Not sure I will after the last bad experience (the car seat incident) as we very nearly missed our flight.

I guess you can never really tell. We got sent the wrong car seats with Linkways even though we'd told them our baby was only 3 months old at the time. We then got driven around to Honor Oak for no apparent reason and then back again to East Dulwich where the car seat we actually needed was located before heading off to the airport. He could have gone and sorted everything out first and then picked us up, but instead it meant I'd had to do the milk feed early and then got stuck in the car with a screaming hungry baby when the delay got us stuck in the thick of rush hour. maybe the worst thing though was that the driver really wanted to have a massive political debate / argument (?!) the entire journey - not what you need when you are new parents!

• 3 weeks later...
Had to get to Heathrow in a rush and had a 4 and a half month old baby and 3 yr old after trying to find a taxi to take me with suitable car seats came across Dulwich Airport Cars . they were with me with in the time required seats provided. Picked me up in a sharan it was so comfortable clean and tidy. The driver was polite and very helpful worth looking them up and would recommend them to anybody. Phone number for reference 02035100015

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I feel sad that u have had a bad

Experience with linkways I have been using them for a long

Time and had no problems they have also got new drivers I would recommend a

Few drivers there and see if ur experience changes!!

Take care!!