Bugaboo bee+ - adjusting the backrest

HollieES

So, not sure if I'm the only one with a toddler who seems to be outgrowing the Bugaboo Bee+...or so I thought.

I've just been looking through the manual and discovered that you can adjust the backrest, adding quite a lot of height to the buggy. Apologies if you bug owners already knew this, but for those who didn't I thought it would be worth sharing.

Diagram attached - it's very simple to extend, and now I can actually pull the hood down without decapitating my son, which is handy.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the thread hijack. Thinking of getting a bee 2nd hand for me nearly 1 year old. He's a chubby little thing bless him, especially in his winter coat. Will he fit into the 2009 bee or will I have to splash more cash and get a bee+? He's not very tall (and unlikely to be!). Has anyone used 2009 bee for an older baby toddler?

Thanks

I don't have any experience with the old Bee model, but I know the seat unit isn't as wide as it is on the plus, and I must say that the plus is nice and roomy width wise.

Re the back gradually slipping down - I know what you mean, although I've found that if you fully extend the bottom of the seat too, this happens a lot less.

Hope that helps.

Ha this made me chuckle, I had my daughter in the Bee without adjusting it for ages before I realised that you could, to the point where the seat was so shallow she was practically sliding off it. I have been so impressed at how i've been able to pull the seat out and the backrest up, has made such a difference!

• 4 weeks later...