Recommend a GP..

stefarron

I would like to highly recommend Dr Mahrina Choudry at 306 Medical Centre, 306 Lordship Lane, East Dulwich for your daughters.

I first came across hearing Dr Choudry?s name when a group of women in a mothers and toddlers group were praising her saying she was a breath of fresh air in East Dulwich and that was very welcoming, optimistic and helpful etc. I urgently needed such a GP and I quickly signed up to the surgery Dr Choudry was at even though it was a bit far for me to travel ? but worth it.

Dr Choudry is a truly brilliant GP and is literally the ideal Doctor to go. She has a true gift with her patients. She always gives me so much time during my appointments and thoroughly explains everything to me and has the endurance and kind-heartedness to actually listen to her patients and answer all their endless questions. She's just so sweet and the receptionists there are brilliant as well...so humble and polite too.

Can recommend Sternhall Lane Surgery. Doctors Siam Howell and Liz Henderson are very considerate and helped me out when i was extremely anxious about my health. On the debit side tho, Dr Mordhorst was the opposite. To tell me that "he wouldnt like to have what i have" Was as subtle as a bull in a china shop.

Ecalyptys

I think it was dr Amali Subersinghe that you had, i agree she is lovely! I saw her post birth with some sensitive issues and she was superb. So reassuring and professional. She even phones me at home twice to follow up after hours. I wrote a thank you letter to the clinical lead at the surgery. She would be a very good person for any woman to seek help from.

I'm registered at the Dulwich Medical Centre. I wouldn't recommend them at all..It's always awkward getting an appointment. Having failed to get an appointment this week and then being told that I can't see a practice nurse until November I've decided to ditch them and seek another GP.

I had recently moved from The Lordship Lane Surgery to 306 Medical Centre on Lordship Lane after lots of issues. Quite shocked by their service really. 306 Surgery also has a female doctor (Dr Chawdhury) who is absolutely brilliant and so attentive.

The Gardens is great as a surgery and most of the docs there are good too. Dr Cliffe is always lovely. Dr Tran is fantastic, and she does indeed have a very quirky sense of humour, as mentioned above, which always takes me by surprise but is a breath of fresh air in a GP.

haha, I registered with them last night - i have an appointment with Dr Tran next week - i have a weird sense of humour too so no doubt we'll get along like a house on fire... or not at all!

peckhamwry Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The Gardens is great as a surgery and most of the

> docs there are good too. Dr Cliffe is always

> lovely. Dr Tran is fantastic, and she does indeed

> have a very quirky sense of humour, as mentioned

> above, which always takes me by surprise but is a

> breath of fresh air in a GP.

• 1 month later...

Growlybear Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I can't recommend the Forest Hill Road Group

> Practice highly enough. Dr McColl is particularly

> wonderful, but all the doctors there are

> excellent. I've been with the practice for about

> 35 years, and have never had any complaints, but

> since I had a serious illness last year, the

> treatment I've had from everyone there has been

> absolutely amazing.

Agreed

I'm actually moving partly because of the lack of good surgeries in the area. I can't register with the Gardens or Forest Hill so I'm moving to Nunhead to use Nunhead Green. Steer clear of the DMC on Crystal Palace Road, the absolute worst I've ever been registered with.

DMC definitely hopeless, I was queued outside before opening this morning in the cold and still couldn't get an appointment - the last non emergency one went to the person two places infront of me and there were still many people behind me in the queue. I'm giving up and hauling myself to the office to use the pay GP service there tomorrow.

I had my first encounter with an adult appointment at Forest Hill Road for a while last week. I rang NHS Direct about a symptom of my awful cold that was bothering me. They recommended I see the GP that day. I called at around 10.30am and was put on the duty doctor's call list. He called about 20 minutes later and said he thought I should come in. As I was 'luckily' at home because of the cold, I was 5 minutes away. I went in and was seen within 10 minutes. I think I possibly got kid glove treatment because I'm pregnant but even so it was very impressive and far better than I expected.

Now, if they can just sort out the staff that deal with repeat prescriptions. One of my family takes 11 medications a day and something gets lost or forgotten by them every month.

There are some fantastic doctors at DMC, yes, but the appts system is unwieldy, to say the least. It also bothers me a little that even though I have been there quite a lot in the last few years, I've only ever seen the same doctor twice a couple of times.