Accident on Loardship Lane at Dulwich Library

reneet

My son is at the same school and saw him being tended to. Sorry to hear he's having surgery - son thought he might have broken arm? My older son had same a few years ago so I know what you're going through. Hope he's OK and makes a speedy recovery.

I presume he had manipulation under anaesthetic - and maybe also pins? My son's broken arm - also the result of a bike accident that wasn't his fault - healed much faster than we dared hope for. Hope this also applies to Ollie.

Oliver now sleeping - exhausted poor lamb.

We are unsure quite what happened but driver of car stayed with him (thank you), police and ambulance crew were beyond wonderful.

At Kings his X-ray showed a clean but nasty break with nerves to his 3 smaller fingers possibly being trapped and coupled with the swelling, meant he had to have his arm manipulated into shape. This was done with entinox (?), this seemed to take forever but in reality was just a couple of mins. Further X-rays showed it best to have K wires inserted to assist with his bones staying in the right place and this was done in surgery at midnight.

We would all like to thank EVERYONE, friends and family, neighbours who called us, to our work colleagues who got to the scene in minutes, to schools, EDF members who have sent their wishes and offers of help and support through to police, ambulance crew, nurses, doctors and well just everyone, you have given us all such relief to know there is someone there when you need them.

You have all been overwhelming, thank you all so much.

And a final thank you to my friend Corinne who baked Oliver a batch of his favourite choc chip cookies as these are all he wanted to eat! C you are a legend, thank you. Xx

• 1 month later...