peckham park (elm trees cut down)

Somebody was killed by a falling branch in Kew Gardens a week or so back.

I wonder if somebody is playing extra safe and felling any tree which might cause similar problems?

No idea if this is the case (a tree in the middle of a pond would presumably only potentially kill ducks!)

I think the pond referred to is the evolving dew pond where the little river peck has re-emerged as a watery ditch. so you can walk very close to it. The tree was there before the pond so maybe its being rotted by its immersion in water.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• GOOD LUCK with council, Parks or Dulwich Estate. I wonder what they did with all the money from the parking fines for driving through Dulwich village at the wrong time of day. They certainly don't intend to fix the pot hole in Gallery road neither cut trees dowen that block peoples light or clear jogging paths.   HOW MUCH LONGER or are they Bankrupt like most councils? I doubt it when they charge you £80 for your annual garden bin to be emptied.  
    • Thanks - I agree that is nice wild. It's just that in places there are thistles and nettles going right across the path. 
    • noted on the Friend's map as jogging path AND dog exercise area - with Friends noting the circumference for dog walking. the duwlch runners have the paved circuits - do the runners really need the outer paths as well?  the paths are mostly fine - there's a couple of bits where the brambles are long (literally, a couple of bits of brambles). I tend to tread them down if I need to get passed on the path    
    • Cheers - (note to self - must try harder)   An independent agency determines the distance using a computerised Geographical Information System (GIS). This system measures the distance from each applicant’s home to the designated main entrance of the school (where the main drive pedestrian entrance joins Red Post Hill opposite Ardbeg Road) by the shortest straight-line distance in metres. A centroid (centre point), derived by Ordnance Survey (OS), determines the start point of the home address. If a child lives in a block of flats where a communal entrance is used, the centroid for the block and not the individual flat is used for calculation purposes. When dealing with multiple applications from a block of flats to the school, lower door numbers will take priority.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In