Now they are going to operate Lordship Lane's bus lanes 24/7

@Abe_Frorume I am confused why you are concerned by this. Ensuring buses can run better surely a good thing. Would you prefer that public transport be hampered.

Buses in South London are the most important element of the public transport infrastructure. The tube does not slow down because someone decides to block the line.

Additionally buses are using social distancing at the moment so are transporting less passengers.

Well done Southwark council for this change.

stecoward101 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> @Abe_Frorume I am confused why you are concerned

> by this. Ensuring buses can run better surely a

> good thing. Would you prefer that public transport

> be hampered.

>

> Buses in South London are the most important

> element of the public transport infrastructure.

> The tube does not slow down because someone

> decides to block the line.

>

> Additionally buses are using social distancing at

> the moment so are transporting less passengers.

>

> Well done Southwark council for this change.

Southwark and TFL have to do something as busses are getting caught up in the gridlock caused by the road closures on the roads where there can be no bus lane.

I completely understand this move as if you have to do everything to encourage people out of cars and back onto public transport but I would be concerned if LL loses parking spaces at a time when the CPZ is being implemented too.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks to me like this is TfL and doesn?t affect the stretch of Lordship Lane with parking. Maybe why people were having difficulty finding information if they were looking for Southwark.

http://lruc.content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-lane-operating-hours.pdf

If it makes a few walk when they would have driven but having thought about it decided they don?t need to drive that?s good for us all. A twenty minute walk back with shopping is doable and families might get exercise and talk rather than jump in the car, kids on their phones the whole time. Some might even prefer it once they try something they?ve not before. We use our cars too much, its too easy. Making it expensive or uncomfortable is sometimes the only way to make people think.

• 2 weeks later...
The weekly email from TfL mentioned it so I think this has started. It only applies to the bits of Lordship Lane that are red routes - near the South Circular I think, definitely not from Goose Green to Blackwater Street (Cafe Nero to William Rose) which have yellow lines and aren?t red routes.

redpost Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Trunk roads and their bus lanes are entirely TFL's

> domain, nothing to do with southwark. If you don't

> like then don't vote for the mayor.

>

> But this is fantastic news!

>

> More reliable bus journeys and easier cycling.

> More rabid motorist comments on EDF. More planters

> etc. What's not to like?

Are you me in disguise? Or perhaps I am you.

Funny how many posting are probably soft left, but attack their civil liberties about the right to drive when you like, where you like, why you like, and how you like and you turn into the rabid right.

There is just so much wrong with unrestricted driving. How we need a culture change in the same way that we are stunned that people used to smoke in pubs. Did that really happen?

Sadly because we can't change our habits, and government wont do the right thing including compelling authorities to put in average speed limit cameras, we get blunt instruments.