Do you have snarly and tangled hair?

Gidget

Wanted to mention a product I have been using - Moroccan Oil - which has done wonders in getting out tangles. It has a blue label with orange writing. Available much cheaper on Amazon than in hairdressers. I started using the conditioner as well.

I am on my first bottle and I bought the tiniest one available. Only one or two drops are needed. Use on wet or dry hair.

'Before modern times, the Berbers (also known as the Amazighs) of Morocco would collect undigested argan pits from the waste of goats which climb the trees to eat their fruit. The pits were then ground and pressed to make the nutty oil used in cooking and cosmetics. However, the oil used in cosmetic and culinary products available for sale today has most likely been harvested directly from the tree and processed with machines.'

My bold. Food for thought ;)

I bought a bottle of argan oil back from Morocco a few years ago - it has sat on my shelf ever since. I will use it at some point when I manage to get my head around its likely origins!

I had a look online and didn't see any reference to the oil being extracted from digested fruit thankfully. There are a lot of videos which show how the oil is extracted though. If you have fine hair then the same company has come out with a slightly lighter oil to use apparently. I think Moroccanoil can also be used on the rest of the body but haven't tried it yet.

It's almost all silicone Gidget. So it's just coating your hair really. A small amount of silicone in products is fine (though try to avoid it in shampoos and conditioners, it's just you can get better oils out there with a higher percentage of oil in for half the price of morrocanoil.

Gingerbeer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh my holy hell.. well I stand by my previous

> statement. I had no idea goats could climb trees.

We went to Morocco a few years ago and were on a bus to the coast when the driver said we would be stopping for a loo break at an argan oil producer. As the coach rounded the corner we saw three men violently shoving some goats into a tree. The goats looked right pissed off.