What a tw@t......

TheCat

I can accept that parents walking their kids to the same classroom are going to interact, or that there are groups of people in the park with more than the allowed number of households (and not at the correct distance). I can even shrug my shoulders when someone nips into a shop without a mask, or when we see groups of people gathered outside a cafe sipping takeaway coffees....

These are example of normal people (for the most part probably adhering to rules) cutting some small corners sometimes. Surely anyone but the most stringent lockdown zealot knows these sort of things are going to inevitably happen.....

BUT......the sense of entitlement required to organise a 'spur of the moment' birthday party for yourself with more than 30 people in a restaurant???.....quite breathtaking really.....(no pun intended)....

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/nov/30/rita-ora-throws-birthday-party-london-restaurant-covid-lockdown

The same people vilifying Rita Ora are defending Laurence Fox after he boasted about breaking covid rules by holding a lunch party. Interesting how you fail to mention the latter, when both are headline news today.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/piers-morgan-slams-selfish-laurence-23090261

Maybe you want to extend the discussion to the entitlement of both? And then we can look at how one instantly apologised and offered to pay any fine imposed, and the other doubled down and made a dig at the NHS, and decide who is the biggest tw@t in the end.

For the record, I think they both should be fined and made examples of. But hard to justify that when MPs and government advisors (on all sides) get away with it I suppose.

It's not really 'interesting' at all that I 'fail' to mention the latter at all. Your thinly veiled dig is really quite unnecessary. True to form, you once again are implying that you know the minds of other posters, which clearly you don't.

Sorry, I hadn't heard about the Laurence Fox thing until I saw your handy link. Now that I have, I don't think Rita Ora's lame 'apology' changes anything (she only apologised, becuase she got caught). Fox was never going to apologise, becuase he was the one who dobbed himself in, as he tweeted about it himself to make a cheap political point.

By the sounds of it, they're both massive, entitled tw@ts.

?Hello all, I attended a small gathering with some friends to celebrate my 30th birthday. It was a spur of the moment decision made with the misguided view that we were coming out of lockdown and this would be OK.

?I?m deeply sorry for breaking the rules and in turn understand that this puts people at risk. This was a serious and inexcusable error of judgment. Given the restrictions, I realise how irresponsible these actions were and I take full responsibility.

?I feel particularly embarrassed knowing first hand how hard people have worked to combat this terrible illness and being fully aware of the sacrifices that people and businesses have made to help keep us all safe. Even though this won?t make it right, I want to sincerely apologise.?

Such twaddle makes me grrrr so much! :@

If fines were a percentage of income representing 10,000 for an average income that wouldn't happen.

She just wouldn't take the risk. She's paid the going rate voluntarily

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/rita-ora-apologies-lockdown-breach-birthday-instagram-b116454.html

Same goes for the owner of the restaurant - The "Billionaire Francois Perrodo" - 10 Million may have given him second thoughts.

Also allegedly there was a pub in Greenwich that ignored the first lockdown completley.

It may sound twaddle and you can well be cynical but a better apology by some eg Priti Patel and picking up on yesterday's documentary John Terry. Can you imagine a world where JT had announced that he had publicly and formally apologised to Anton, explained that it was a heat of the moment comment and that it was totally wrong, and that he'd donated ?100k to a youth project in West London. Would have put a halt to much of the hate mail and been a very different signal to the white supremacists many of who still support Chels. So sorry to have gone off at a tangent!

JohnL Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If fines were a percentage of income representing

> 10,000 for an average income that wouldn't

> happen.

>

> She just wouldn't take the risk. She's paid the

> going rate voluntarily

>

> https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/rita-ora-apolog

> ies-lockdown-breach-birthday-instagram-b116454.htm

> l

>

>

> Same goes for the owner of the restaurant - The

> "Billionaire Francois Perrodo" - 10 Million may

> have given him second thoughts.

>

> Also allegedly there was a pub in Greenwich that

> ignored the first lockdown completley.

Having to pay what you can afford as opposed to the going rate can work well. I think they still do this kind of thing in Finland (as I remember things!) whereby the cost of a speeding ticket based on your salary might amount to ten euros for the lowly paid... and sometimes ten thousand euros for high earners or those with great and disposable assets. That's a fair system I reckon, although it doesn't fix Finnish speeding 100% given so many of them still drive fast as lightning.

But if you can pay more maybe you should. Nothing wrong with taxing the very rich a little more, along with those blossoming firms who've been enjoying Covid so well. If you can offer more to benefit everyone without breaking the bank then offer a little more. If you screw up and can pay a little more to help out then why not? I think I will if I'm ever flush enough.

Rita is reportedly on the case.An insider told the newspaper: 'It was meant to be secret, but the fact police and photographers knew it was happening has really made Rita paranoid.

'She's now devising a game plan and setting traps in a bid to expose the whistleblower, like Coleen did in the Wagatha Christie drama.' -- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9007765/Rita-Ora-launches-probe-friend-leaked-lockdown-breaching-30th-birthday-bash.html

ianr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Rita is reportedly on the case.An insider told the

> newspaper: 'It was meant to be secret, but the

> fact police and photographers knew it was

> happening has really made Rita paranoid.

>

> 'She's now devising a game plan and setting traps

> in a bid to expose the whistleblower, like Coleen

> did in the Wagatha Christie drama.' --

> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9007765/R

> ita-Ora-launches-probe-friend-leaked-lockdown-brea

> ching-30th-birthday-bash.html

Has she employed anyone called Cominic Dummings or similar.